iphone sync headaches. nevermind, figured it out....
Jun 23, 2010 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rhythmdevils

Member of the Trade: rhythmdevils audio
Anyone know a good resource for figuring out how it all really works together? 

I had to erase my itunes organizational files and re-import my music library because of a corruption in the file pathways between the the library and actual file locations. 

Now my phone thinks this is a new library and I'm not sure how to get it syncing again without wiping the phone clean.  I have it synced with mobile-me and every once in a while I plug it in to the computer.  Apple wants to charge me for phone consult on the issue, but I'd like to figure out how it all works because I'm scared of loosing my calendar info. 

It's all so automatic I feel if I knew how it was working better, I could assure myself that I had backups, like I have for all my other data.  I kind of wish it wasn't so "idiot-proof"

Jun 23, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #2 of 6
I guess I have to stop thinking about it so much and just trust the machine.  Problem is, when has any computer program never failed?  Loosing contacts and calendars would be pretty catastrophic.  The only way I've been comfortable trusting important info on computers is by manually making backups.  But I guess I have no choice here but to leave it in their hands...

Jun 30, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #4 of 6
yeah I wound up calling them up.  They wanted to charge me and call it an iphone issue, but talked them into covering it with the apple care on my macpro.  Seems I'm just thinking about it too much.  I'm used to manual backups being the only way of feeling secure about digitized information.  But there's no way to do much, it's all automatic.  Hopefully they know what they're doing...

Jul 1, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #5 of 6
Jul 1, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #6 of 6
ok well let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater here while it's not perfect there's a lot of great things too don't forget
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back