[iPhone] NuForce NE-7M vs. Sennheiser MM50 iP
Aug 7, 2009 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

beg2differ

New Head-Fier
So my crappy stock apple buds finally gave out on me, so I've been browsing through headfi and google and arrived on these two models.

Would anyone care to elaborate on any of these models?
It seems that the NE-7M's have proved to be extremely popular a few months ago and they seem like a great deal for around 50 bucks, but how would you think they compare to the MM50s??

Feedback from anyone who have personally experienced any one of these two buds would be greatly appreciated!!
Some info I've gathered on the two models:
NE-7M:
- 50 bucks
- Headphone Frequency Response: 20 - 22,000 Hz
- Headphone Sensitivity: 100 +/-3dB/mW at 1 KHz
- Microphone Frequency Response: 20 – 16,000 Hz
- Microphone Sensitivity: 58 dB +/-2dB

MM50 iP:
- 70 bucks (on one site i found)
- Headphone Frequency Response: 18 - 22,000 Hz
- Microphone Frequency Response: 80 - 15,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -44 dBv/Pa
- Nominal Impedance: 16 Ohms
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 106 dB
No drastic differences in specs as far as frequence response is concerned, so I would really appreciate feedback on user experience (comfortability, etc.) and breakdown of SQ in high, mids, and low.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it!

Aug 7, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #3 of 6
I have no experience with MM50 but NE-7M, I do. I've tested my cousins' which I received in my mail few days ago. My opinion is, it has head-shaking bass and clean treble. Mind you, I haven't owned good IEM apart from Custom 3 which I bought few weeks ago.

Aug 7, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #4 of 6
I would recommend the Apple Dual Drivers over either of them. They're available for only $30-$40 on ebay.

Out of those 2 I would recommend the Nuforce. You should know that a lot of people don't like the stock tips on the Nuforce, so you may have to buy tips for them.

Aug 7, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #5 of 6
only $30-$40 on ebay for the apple dual drivers?? lol. you sure they're not fakes?? I mean if that's true, I'd jump on them, but headphoneaddict made a pretty good case for the NE-7Ms, so i'm leaning to them slightly as of now.

[edit]
This is from a guy named madog referring to the apple dual drivers:

"It's not the headphones that aren't compapatible with the 3G, it's the 3G that is lacking. There is a forth band on these headphones which the headphone jack in the 3G doesn't support. "

Is this true? and what does he mean by the forth band? because i'm primarily looking for buds for my 3G iphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back