iPhone/iPod output?
Jun 21, 2014 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tanner116

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, there!
I use my iPhone as my main audio source, mostly because I enjoy the interface and don't have the funds to spend on a new computer. I was wondering what are the most quality ways to connect an iPhone/iPod to a quality amp. I have a FiiO LOD right now, but I don't really know where to go from here. Thanks all!

Jun 21, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #2 of 2
Cables are a bit of a controversial topic in the audio world but in my opinion, they do have an effect on the overall sound signature of your audio rig. I used to only use my 3rd-Gen iPod Touch as my audio source so I know how you feel. If you have the older charging connector, you're in luck, the LOD will bypass the amp of the iPod/iPhone but if you have a lightning connector, then you would need a DAC/AMP combo as the lightning adapter is all digital (will bypass both DAC and Amp). If you have a 30pin and want to upgrade the cable for it, it also depends what you want out of it. If you want the sound to be "Warmer" thaen go for a copper LOD but if you want the sound to be more "bright" and analytical(?) then go for a silver LOD.  You can go for some of the ones on ebay by audiominor. Here is one review of one of their product.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/609772/review-audiominor-copper-and-silver-wire-braided-line-out-dock-for-iphone-ipad-and-ipod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back