iPhone: ios 6 giving slightly different bass response?
Oct 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GoldenSausage

New Head-Fier
Is it just me, or is the bass slightly different after upgrading to iOS 6?  I feel the bass feels stronger, but it's less deep, not as low as before, being closer to the mid bass and is more bloated.  Overall it feels less accurate and more noisy.  I have it on bass booster eq (before and after the upgrade) though since im a slight bass head.

Device: iPhone 4
IEM: Fischer Eterna rev. 01, Shure SE105

edit:  the sound stage also feels a lot bigger in older ios versions, especially the bass that feels its being placed further away which is probably why ios 6 feels more noisy and stressful to hear.

Oct 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 6
the bass sounds wobbly to me, I hope it will get better.

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #3 of 6
What iOS 6 brought for me is loud static bursts when you lock/unlock the iPhone. Aside from breaking the Cover Flow.

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother

Oct 13, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #4 of 6
no one else getting something similar?

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #5 of 6
On my upgraded iPod touch 32 gb straight out the hp jack I notice no difference. But I'm also using EQu,...it's quite nice with my Sony V900HD's.

Nov 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #6 of 6
I dont know about stronger bass, but Apple can shove their 840MB download for the latest iOS update (ver 6.01) to my 2 week old iTouch. I'm not trying to patch WoW here, kiddies - so bloody arrogant of Cupertino to assume that the rest of the world enjoys T1 download speeds and unlimited bandwidth caps each month .... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back