iPhone iMod? iPhod?
Aug 20, 2007 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Vinman

Head-Fier
Has there been any experimentation with a mod for the iPhone? I have no plans at this point for another iPod, but anything I could do to improve the sq from this device would be considered - especially since I will eventually amp it...
While you're at it, how about dropping in a 32gb memory chip :)

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #2 of 7
i think it uses the same dac chip as the ipod right?

imod anyone? :-D

in all seriousness, i doubt people will be risking their $600 iphone and try to mod it.. I could be wrong tho

Aug 20, 2007 at 11:18 AM Post #3 of 7
I wouldn't consider a DIY butcher job, but I'd definitely send it to a pro (like Vinnie) to have it done. Guess I should specify that I would send it off IF the turnaround could be really quick.

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #6 of 7
High-fidelity phone conversation! !
tongue.gif

Aug 20, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wouldn't amping an iPhone also be cumbersome each time you had a phone call?

A lot of things come into play here. First, I use a Bluetooth headset 80% of the time. The nice thing is that when using the iPod function and you receive a call, the music pauses and the call automatically takes priority. It functions the same way when using te wired set, but I would assume the conversation would also be amplified. The Bluetooth solution seems best in this particular application. When the conversation is over, the music automatically picks up where it left off. It's as close to seemless as can be imagined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back