iPhone headphones
Sep 1, 2009 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bvan37

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I am a newb here at the forum, been looking around for a while and was interested in asking some questions for myself.

I am looking for a pair of headphones for my iphone, I lost the stock buds, unfortunately. And am looking for a solution for the inline mic problem. If I have to I can get the Shure MPA adapter.

I would like a pair of in-ear headphones and am looking to pay somewhere between 50-100$ Canadian.

I mostly listen to rock, pop, dance along with a little bit of folk, jazz and classical. I listen mostly on my commutes and in the gym so it has to be fairly durable.

I'm not the biggest audiophile out there but sound quality is pretty important for me as I am a musician myself.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Sep 1, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 9
bvan-
Welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry, but you're starting out on a never ending journey of upgraditis! So anyway, sorry about your wallet. This comes with the disclaimer that I haven't heard these phones... but, from what I've read you may want to research the Nuforce NE-7M. They're touted as being fantastic for the money, smooth, and also have the mic for iPhone. Time to do some heavy searching.. I've thought about getting a pair for my iPhone too, even though I'm pretty happy on the earphone front lately.

Again, welcome.

Sep 1, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 9
The apple duel driver IEMs are pretty nice, actually. about $50 on ebay, or $80 something from apple store. they're also sold at bestbuy, and other locations.

Despite being main stream IEMs, they're surprisingly good! IMO they're a little hard to drive, but it doesn't make much difference straight out of the iphone. they also have an inline mic and controls so there's your inline solution.

Oh, and they're REALLY comfortable for "mainstream" iems. the tips are fantastic! i've been trying to get my spares on other headphones, with no avail.

yeah...

edit: they're $65 on amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?ur...in-ear&x=0&y=0

Sep 2, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #6 of 9
Thanks for the quick responses everybody, I'll have to look into the Nuforce ones, anyone know of a dealer in Canada?

I have looked into the Apple ones, but have heard mixed reviews. I'm not totally opposed, and actually find some of apple's products to be fantastic, though some I find are a bit overpriced.

Anyways thanks for the responses, any other IEM's I should look at in that price range?

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #7 of 9
y halo thar fellow Canadian.

In short, we are screwed out of the majority of sources for headphone equipment with good shipping rates. Just because Fedex 3-day air is good doesn't mean I want to pay for it. Sometimes USPS Priority Int'l is just as good (not as fast obviously, but not $30+ either).

Of course, there's always eBay. Here's one seller on the .ca listing. Nuforce NE-7M Apple IPhone 3G IPOD MIC earphone headset on eBay.ca (item 220472466405 end time 06-Sep-09 20:55:47 EDT)

You could also try out the Soundmagic PL50, or try the Trade forums for used models from the $100USD range.

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #8 of 9
Thanks for that link, I've heard however of some ebay sellers selling low quality knock offs of higher quality headphones, any easy way to spot a fake? Is ebay a better option than to go through amazon.com and just have it shipped to Canada?

Thanks

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #9 of 9
There are no fakes/knockoffs of the NE-7M, so you're pretty safe there. However, if you value clarity over bass I will second the recommendation for the Apple Dual Drivers. For the price, they offer incredibly clear and detailed sound and are more comfy to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back