iPhone + Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 + Amp?
Dec 16, 2010 at 6:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Axegrind

New Head-Fier
Hi, would like to ask for your recommendations on what portable amp system would be suitable for iPhone+DT770Pro80... I been looking at Fiio's, could they drive the DT770 80ohms to its potential? What fiio model would you recommend?
Also, Please give other amp options.
Will a LOD be helpful, what LOD would you recommend if ever?
Budget can be around 100-150$
TIA

Dec 26, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi, i am in the exact same position as you and i have not bought any amp yet but after my research on here i have found that people have been recommending the AMB Mini^3 amp as a portable budget amp with good value, also in Skylab's review of many amps it seems highly regarded, also people are selling them on here for around $80 used, or you could spend more on a new custom build one by MisterX, who has answered LOADS of questions for me and is very helpful :) Or if you are handy with a soldiering iron you could get all the parts from glassjar audio for $95, but a used one looks like the best value for me anyway!
People have also highly recommended to use a LOD with any amp if using an ipod, the Fiio L3 is supposed to be good value also.
These are recomendations people have told me which i am passing on to you, i repeat that i have not heard the Mini3.
I was originally looking at the Fiio E5, but after looking at some comparissons i turned my attention to the Mini3.
I am very happy with the sound just out of my ITouch 2nd gen and dt700/80 which is the only thing holding me back!
Sorry that i have not had any expreiance with the AMP's!
Also if you dont like the look of the Mini3, a Biosciencegeek cMoy looks pretty nice (off Ebay) but after the cost of battery charger and Mains charger it isnt far off the price of the Mini3.
Let me know what you end up getting!
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back