iphone - "awareness" headphone app
Sep 16, 2010 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bertopl

New Head-Fier
anyone try the above app from the app store yet? I am trying it out now at work but I'm having a hard time tweaking the settings just right but I think the concept is brilliant. the app runs in the background and monitors the ambient noise in the room you are in. when the noise exceeds a user defined or automatically preset level, it activates the microphone on your iphone or the microphone on your headset if it is equipped with one, and then mixes the microphone input with your music so you can tell what is going on around you.

you can tweak how many decibels it has to detect to activate the microphone and the ratio of the microphone input that gets mixed into your music through your phones.

this is working ok so far. I usually have a pretty quiet environment in my office, but I need to know when someone is paging me on my office phone. I just set my iphone by my office phone while I'm listening to my music and when the office phone rings or if our receptionist pages me, I can hear it!! like I said, I just have to dial in my settings but it looks like this could be useful!!

Sep 20, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi bertopl

Thanks so much for buying our App and glad you like it. PLEASE give us a great review on the App store if not done already.
Every good review counts in these early days. We are developing like mad, so lots of improvements coming down the pipe

V1.1 of Awareness The Headphone App is now at the App store

Also now got a better FAQ etc on http://www.essency.co.uk/awareness-the-headphone-app/

Please email us anytime via the website with questions

Cheers, Robert.

Sep 20, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 5
yes, I'm finding it really useful at work. I got my settings pretty dialed in now. your support is great. I had problems with the version prior to 1.1 not recognizing my headphone being plugged in and was shortly referred to 1.1 which fixed my problem. I'm still looking for the program to become active / inactive depending on whether or not a headphone is plugged in instead of having to go in there and turn in on or off, but I've already submitted that to your support team. I'm actually surprised there isn't a little bit more interest in this kind of app but I think it's great, good luck!!

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #4 of 5
Seems like a great app!!! Just a shame it does not work on my iPhone 3G.... I am waiting for a 4G and then I will buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back