iPhone and OGG?
Nov 2, 2009 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bba1973

500+ Head-Fier
A few days ago, I got a used original 8GB iPhone for free (1st gen, 2g, whatever you call it). Pretty neat device. After jailbreaking and unlocking it, I got to wondering about using it as a DAP, but I don't want to have to convert all my FLAC and OGG files again. Being able to avoid iTunes would be nice too (although syncing apps isn't as painful as I had imagined).

So, are there any programs that would easily let me play OGG files on my iPhone? Would it even be worthwhile to use the iPhone as a good SQ DAP with RE0's? My Clip+ (4GB + 16GB micro SD card) is my main DAP, so I wouldn't be putting much on the iPhone. I'll eventually convert some stuff and put it on the iPhone, but I just thought I'd ask before I convert a whole bunch of stuff.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: I just put Pink Floyd's Animals on my iPhone (q -0.8 OGG to highest quality VBR MP3 dBpoweramp I could find). Sounds much better than I thought it would, but I still think my Clip+ sounds slightly better (could be a format difference though). iTunes is really making me mad because it won't let me add artwork to it without making an iTunes account (which I'm not going to do). If I have to do that with every song I add, I'm not going to put any more music on it.

Nov 4, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by dippyboy_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha i find the 1st gen iphone to sound a lil better than the clip. the clip sounds a bit grainy compared to the iphone.

Interesting. I find the opposite, but that's just me. The iPhone sounds much better than I thought, but not quite good enough or enough space (4GB Clip+ + 16GB micro SD card is now my #1 player) to take over the Clip+. That, and I love drag/drop and hate having to deal with iTunes and other sync software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back