iPhone 7 iOS 10.2 - Bluetooth failure
Dec 28, 2016 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

murbot

New Head-Fier
I bought a new iPhone 7 and it forced the upgrade to 10.2 during setup. Bluetooth won't connect to either of my 2 Skullcandy earbuds. I also have an iPhone 6 from work that was at iOS 10.1 and it did connect with my earbuds. But after updating it to 10.2, I disconnected (forgot) one set to test and now it won't pair with my i6 again. I've spent over 6 hours with Apple support and no luck.

Does anyone have suggestions for wireless earbuds that work with iPhone 7s and iOS 10.2 for around the $50 price range?

Thanks

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 3
  I bought a new iPhone 7 and it forced the upgrade to 10.2 during setup. Bluetooth won't connect to either of my 2 Skullcandy earbuds. I also have an iPhone 6 from work that was at iOS 10.1 and it did connect with my earbuds. But after updating it to 10.2, I disconnected (forgot) one set to test and now it won't pair with my i6 again. I've spent over 6 hours with Apple support and no luck.

Does anyone have suggestions for wireless earbuds that work with iPhone 7s and iOS 10.2 for around the $50 price range?

Thanks

Sometimes, and its not uncommon, you need to remove your bluetooth device from the list and then pair it again.  On IOS 10.2 you do that via Settings -> Bluetooth and then click on the "i" next to the paired device and then click on "Forget this device."  No doubt you've done this already with Apple Support.

If that didn't work, and they can't help you, then there is every reason to think it is a hardware problem which Apple should take care of.  This is a brand new device, right?  If you can go to an Apple Store that can be a good way to go.

Best of luck.

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 3
Sounds like a firmware problem. If you can't find a fix for it, just wait. Apple updates their firmware pretty often, and a problem that big is bound to be their main concern right now. Especially with their emphasis on Bluetooth technology at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back