Iphone 6s tiny DAC recommendation?
Feb 8, 2018 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

seanc6441

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all I’m looking for a convenient dac for my iphone 6s to use with my earbuds (the classic style like the VE monks type) and not anything hard to drive as they are mostly 16-50 ohm and medium-high sensitivity.

I’d like balanced signature with a slightly ‘natural’ warmth and mostly linear tuning. Ideally a slight emphasis on mid bass lower mids to add body to the vocals. Midrange detailand separation is important to me and a nicely wide and generous soundstage and fairly accurate imaging would be appreciated.

Basically I’m looking for something slightly analog sounding but without too much loss of detail or accuracy.

I don’t know what price I should set because I’m still looking for options with this signature.

I’ve stumbled upon the

Cozoy Astrapi
Cozoy Takt /Pro
Oppo ha2 SE (may be abit bright/neutral for my liking)
Dragon fly Red (too awkward with CCK cable for my liking

Any of these worth getting? Or any other options?

I’m valuing tonality and natural-analog tuning over detail and accuracy slightly but anything that ticks both boxes would be cool. The astrapi price is pretty affordable but I’m not sure if it’s a good buy in 2018 or not. The takt is considerably more expensive but might be worth it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back