iPhone 6+ Earphone suggestions?
Feb 10, 2015 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

evildude683

New Head-Fier
Looking to replace the stock earphones that came with my iPhone 6+. I currently own a pair of Sony V6's and Shure 440's that I use at home and I'm looking for something that sounds that good but portable. I would like some bass and clarity. No more that $60 maybe a little more, any ideas?

Thanks.

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #2 of 8
Hello. It depends what your looking for. For in ear headphone i strongly recomend the Sony MDR-EX650AP. It depends were you look ive seen them for £50 or less. The akg y50 are flashy but the best portable headphones ive seen. If you shop around you may find big name brands for less and even £120 headphones on sale for £60. If your buying pre owned thats not a problem. If you can check the condition there in. I bought some great headphones the only problem was the earpads were worn. I changed the ear pads for £10. Overall i saved about £70 just buying pre owned. My advice is check the condition and change minor things ike ear pads and save yourself the money. I hope this helps :)

Feb 15, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #5 of 8
I own the SE215. They are very good dynamic driver IEMs. They have fairly strong bass, but bassheads will still say they don't have enough bass (as they always do!). I like the form factor and, of course, the ability to use all eartips that fit Shure, Westone, Etymotic and Klipsch IEMs is a great feature that is often undervalued. I don't like the thick memory wire ear loops, and the MMCX connectors have caused some issues with aftermarket cables. I also have the Etymotic hf5, and the hf5 is more neutral and more detailed but with less bass. I don't have any of the other IEMs currently recommended in that price range (RHA, RE-400, Fidue, Havi, Vsonic, etc).

An IEM that I am very interested in is the Final Audio Heaven II. Since they are both single BA IEMs, I'm very curious how it compares to the Etymotic hf5.

Feb 25, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #6 of 8
Are there any IEM's that will have the same frequency response my Shure 440's have? (10Hz-22kHz) 
Am I going crazy with all the specifications or they don't really matter?
Thanks again guys.

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #7 of 8
The Klipsch R6 might just be what you're looking for. LOTS of rich, full bass. Very clear sound. The mids get lost a bit, yet the higher frequencies are beautiful.

Personally, I've moved on to Klipsch X7i for my music listening at work, because bass in the R6 could be overwhelming on certain tracks. But I still use the R6 at home, and still love them. Very good for action movies. :)

Feb 25, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #8 of 8
The Klipsch R6 might just be what you're looking for. LOTS of rich, full bass. Very clear sound. The mids get lost a bit, yet the higher frequencies are beautiful.

Personally, I've moved on to Klipsch X7i for my music listening at work, because bass in the R6 could be overwhelming on certain tracks. But I still use the R6 at home, and still love them. Very good for action movies.
smily_headphones1.gif

The specs look great. I personally wear over the ear while at home, this will be mostly for school. Thanks for the great suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back