iPhone 5c vs iPod Touch
Nov 18, 2014 at 10:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jobrjo

New Head-Fier
So I'm looking to buy a portable device, as I tragically don't have one at the moment. Due to the fact that Apple tends to have better sounding devices, and the fact that my headphones specifically work with Apple, I'm either getting an iPhone 5c or an iPod Touch. I'd rather get the iPod to be honest, but I want to know which one sounds better? From experience with friends I've noted that iPods can be louder, but was I wear headphones, which one would have high quality sound? The iPhone or iPod?

---Which one is louder?
---Which one has more range?
---Which one has better playback quality?
---How do the other iPhone models compare to the iPod touch, and to each other?

-My headphones:
--Monster DNA In-Ear [v2]
--Monster DNA On-Ear
--Monster DNA Over-Ear Pro 2.0

-My music source: Pandora One, mobile quality of 64k AAC+.

Basically if I'm taking a walk, riding my bike, on a road trip, or what have you, I want to be able to listen to music with mobility. So which is the better option in terms of sound quality?

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #2 of 6
I myself am a Head Fi newb, but from what ive gathered if your starting brand new for quality audio you might wanna test drive a Fiio X5 or other similar D.A.P as they are built specifically for good audio. With the ability to fill 2 128gb cards I think that is much more then you will ever get with Iphone or Ipod touch!

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #3 of 6
That may be true, but the reason I'm specifically getting an iPhone/Pod is because I'm looking for a device with mobile internet. Devices like the Fiio X5 and such are just for music listening. The purpose for me getting a device is really for portable internet, as I use the internet for my phone (Google Voice/Hangouts) and for my music (Pandora). Additionally my DNA headphones can do several unique things with just Apple products.

So in short, my items are limited to the iPhone/Pod. Do you know anything in regards to which sound better? I think I'm going with the iPod Touch anyway, but I'm just double checking as I've never owned either.

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #4 of 6
What are your reasons for wanting to go with the iPod touch instead?

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #5 of 6
  1. $200 vs $450
  2. http://Iphone 5s>iPod Touch>iPhone 4s>iPhone 5c>iPod Classic "Iphone 5s>iPod Touch>iPhone 4s>iPhone 5c>iPod Classic"
  3. Other sources say they are excellent audio players

Frankly, I see no reason to pay more than double the price for a phone that is already 3 models old (5s, 6, 6 Plus), especially when I don't need all the extra things it adds. All I need is an Apple product with portable internet, and I'd like to get one that sounds good. The iPod touch does just that.

Nov 18, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #6 of 6
Yeah that's why I'm trying to find the best Irig myself almost done paying off my 4s, and I have zero need to upgrade unless there is some sort of big revolution in the Hi-Fi area, I have an old Touch 5gen I believe it is. I just run with Shure SRH 440s and Denon AH-C100s for IEMs. But have spent about the last 2-3 months on every forum looking to get the best sound from either I device. By the looks of it I'll just be moving forward with a Fiio E11 and an upgrade at cans hopefully AKG550 or SRH 840/1540

Users who are viewing this thread

Back