iPhone 5 and Fiio Amps Conpatibility
Feb 21, 2013 at 5:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

slayerx44

Head-Fier
Hello ! Well I was planning to purchase the E07K or E11 amps/Dac and I got some questions :

Will the Fiio work with the iPhone 5

Will the Fiio E07K's dac feature work on the iPhone 5 ? I heard that it doesn't when connected from the iPhone 5 headphone line out

Well thanks in advance for any replies and have a fantastic day!

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hello ! Well I was planning to purchase the E07K or E11 amps/Dac and I got some questions :

Will the Fiio work with the iPhone 5

Will the Fiio E07K's dac feature work on the iPhone 5 ? I heard that it doesn't when connected from the iPhone 5 headphone line out

Well thanks in advance for any replies and have a fantastic day!

FiiO's amps don't have the necessary certification to be used as iDevice DACs. You'll either need to use the Lightning>30 Pin adaptor with an LOD cable or go straight from the headphone jack for an analogue signal.

The E11 is only an amplifier, by the way.

Feb 22, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the info , By the way , is the dac function on the E07K usable only when plugged in using the USB cable to the computer? And is there any difference in sound quality between analog and digital? Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #4 of 4
The E07k is mainly for use with a computer, it does work with some phones but not as many as the older E7 did . Just use the iPhone as it is playing lossless files . And despite what some may say there is no point going from headphone out into another amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back