Iphone 4 right channel crackling!
Nov 23, 2011 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Carsonwen

Head-Fier

so my iphone 4 started to have a crackling sound in the right ear while using my westone 3 for over an hour. After an hour, it starts to have a crackling sound only in the right ear that doesnt only happen when i turn up the volume. It happens at any volume and its not my westone 3 because it happened on my westone 2 and speakers. I thought maybe it would be the jack or the built in amplifier but it happens even when i have a fiio E6 amp plugged into the bottom of the iphone with the fiio l1 plug. I thought maybe there was something with the files so i restored the phone but it still happens after about 1-2 hours. i have no eq on and no soundcheck. I thought maybe it was interference so i turned off all connections and it still happens. It doesnt just happen when the music get complicated, there is no pattern, it happens randomly. At this point, i think my iphone is defective, i call apple and got a new phone, the new phone also has the same problem! there is the exact same problem with the new phone! it has a crackling sound also in the right ear that i cannot fix nomatter what. I have tried everything i can think of and it doesnt work. Should i get another phone from apple???? This problem does not occur on the computer or my ipod mini. Is this something im doing wrong or is this a design flaw or something....  plz help or suggest something. anyone else here suffering from the same problem? im guessing its a problem with the iphone processing audio as it happens when plugged into the bottom too, which apparently does not go through the built in amp and the top jack, it should be pure signal. It also isnt the song because i have listened to all these songs and have never had the problem. Would it be a problem with the new ios as i do not remember these problems before. Should i tell apple to fix this in an update, lol, if they listen to me that is.

plz help, im torn apart by this issue because i really like to have my audio portable and dont have money to buy another source.

Nov 23, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #4 of 5
I have the same issue sometimes with my Etys. It's just the stereo plug. The connection may not be solid. The only way to fix it that I can think of would be to dismantle the iphone or amp (not recommended) and bend the female connector metal posts in if you can access them. I had the same problem with my Xin Supermini III. Worked like a charm although I have to keep doing it from time to time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back