iPhone 4 Amp (beating a dead horse)
Mar 19, 2013 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TittySambo

New Head-Fier
Sorry I know there are a lot of threads about amps suitable for the iPhone 4, but all the amps that have caught my eye have either been discontinued a long time ago or I can't find them regardless.

The only amp that seems to have stood the test of time seems to be the Fiio E11.

Everything about the Fiio E11 is fantastic, but I just cannot get over the fact that
the E11 is extremely finicky with charging, considering half the time I would like to use the amp for my laptop.

tldr; is there an amp like the Fiio E11 with similar low profile form factor and reputation that works great for iPhone 4 AND a computer that is also available right now?

Mar 19, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 5
C&C BH is rather popular atm and runs for 80 hours on a charge / can be used whilst charging. Probably worth checking out, although the review is done by myself, there's more than a few members impressions underneath my write up for your consideration. Most members consider BH clear upgrade over E11.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #3 of 5
wow! the C&C BH seems like a phenominal device, how does it manage four-five fold the battery life of other amps?

I was also looking at Headstage's more recent Arrow 12HE 4G.

Could you possibly give a brief comparison?
I'm guessing price-performance would obviously come into play since the Arrow is three times the price of a C&C BH...

(p.s. I'm looking to drive my HD650 on the go from my iphone with said amp)

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 5
wow! the C&C BH seems like a phenominal device, how does it manage four-five fold the battery life of other amps?

I was also looking at Headstage's more recent Arrow 12HE 4G.

Could you possibly give a brief comparison?
I'm guessing price-performance would obviously come into play since the Arrow is three times the price of a C&C BH...

(p.s. I'm looking to drive my HD650 on the go from my iphone with said amp)

Someone wrote a short comparison recently between the two amps.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review/1395#post_9257775

I'm sure if you had any further questions you could contact them via PM.

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 5
+1 on the C&C. The battery life is really insane. It is larger than an E11, though. The inability to charge while using isn't so bad, particularly if you just plug it in each night with your phone (what I do)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back