iPhone 3GS + LOD + voice control + SNOW!
Oct 10, 2009 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Golden Ears

100+ Head-Fier
As a snowsports enthusiast..I have a requirement to keep my DAP dry. Also I need to control the volume and tracks.

So the Iphone 3GS with voice control seemed cool... But I would have to be able to hit that button with thick winter gloves on.

Also if the headphone/mic cable with voice control button is in ...NO SOUND comes out of the dock! ie...no amp.... and can't drive my headphones enough... loss of bass (Or I have to use my UE-11's...)

So I am faced with trying to trigger the middle button..... through a jacket with gloves on... not likely gonna work..

IS there a device (like for the shuffle that lets you use other headphones and still have track control????) so I can launch Voice control remotely? Hopefully w/ a built in mic.

I figure with a LOD and a predator I can have easy access to volume as controling volume .... with the iphone is PITA with gloves. Even with the new iGolve from Marmot with touch sensor finger tip for touch screens.

Ideally I want a large patch I slap to get voice control to work and be able to tell it what to play.

Last years system was bulky .... but athletically inspiring - Edition 9 Ultrasones, APS V3 cable, Millet Hybrid portable tube amp, ALO imod LOD and iMod 5.5 gen classic.

The ipod touch 2G 32 gig was in the running until I realized how great voice control would be. The 3G 64gig iPod Touch IMHO was unlistenable as a high fidelity device and was returned... sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back