iPhone 3G drives Triple.fi better with Volume hack??
May 5, 2009 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ricthaman

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I just remembered that on my good'old iPhone 2G I used this volume hack to get more sound out of it. Now I began to worry about the sound of my iPhone 3G. I love everything about it but the sound in combo with the triple.fi's is just missing something. Now I recall 'unlocking' the volume cap on several Sony DAP's in the old days to improve SQ with significant results.

So I went around and had a go with the volume hack on the iPhone 3G and to my surprise the iPhone seems to drive my Triple.fi's way better now. Seperation is better, stereo imaging more defined, lows more pronounced and the highs more 'spikey'. There's just that depth and defenition I missed before the hack.

How do you guys think of the Volume hack? I also suspect that US models doen't have a Volume cap because in the old days only the EU models were capped, and resetting them to US or JP setting in some service menu removed the cap.

Rgds

May 5, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 7
lucky no volume cap for anywhere else... why on earth do they bother with it..

May 6, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #5 of 7
yeah if on low volume and on a DAP the TF10 doesnt really sound great until it is louder IMO.

May 6, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 7
What is this volume hack I am reading about? I have an iPhone 2G but not sure what you guys are talking about

May 8, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmednInsane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is this volume hack I am reading about? I have an iPhone 2G but not sure what you guys are talking about

Let me google that for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back