iPhone 3G Announced: "Dramatically Improved Audio Quality"!
Jun 10, 2008 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

FlavioWolff

500+ Head-Fier
The new iPhone 3G was announced today at the WWDC 2008, and will be released in July 11th, in 22 countries, and go to another 70 countries after some months.
Reading about the key features, I depared with two great things for us head-fiers: "a flush headphone jack, dramatically improved audio
That is just great.
iPhone's audio quality was just like the iPod standard... a dramatically improved one seems like a great thing, and no more adapters for our loved 'phones
cool.gif

Oh, a retail price of $199 for 8gb and $299 for 16gb is also great. I.e: we would pay less for a 16gb iPhone 3G than for a 16gb Sony A829 player.
Let's wait now!

Jun 10, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 9
flush just mean that its not recessed like the iphone1 who needs adaptor for most of 3rd party headphones.... iphone 1/2 use same hardware platform of iTouch, IMO it seems its pretty same in SQ...

Jun 10, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #6 of 9
Who knows what changed.
The DAC maybe, or other internal components, layout, ...

Jun 10, 2008 at 10:34 AM Post #7 of 9
I think Steve referred to the Speaker.

Since most iphone/ipod users think the iphone/ipod sounds very good as it is I guess it would be rather unlogical for apple to change the DAC or internal stuff.

The speaker otoh was a complaint for most ppl. Nokia and Samsung speakers are way better and the young ppl like to listen music through the speaker of their phone.

I just checked they keynote and when steve jobs anounces the improved audio you see the speaker on the bottom of the phone. He already showed the new headphone jack and with that pic didn't mention anything about better audio. He clearly waited until the sheet with the bottom of the iphone was displayed behind him.

Greetz

Jun 10, 2008 at 10:55 AM Post #8 of 9
The price and the flush headphone jack are truly great news. I'm sure more people will be tempted by the iPhone now, and who knows, if the situation allows maybe I will be too.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back