iPhone 15 Question
Sep 27, 2023 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

artpiggo

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi All,

I am using iphone 15 pro max (iOS 17.0.2) and use it with apple music + dongle dac called moondrop dawn

The specification of moondrop dawn, it has indicator LED light showing. If it is red mean it is PCM less than 48kHz and if it is blue mean it is PCM > 48kHz (such as hires)

1695796103871.png

I am wondering why using iPhone and apple music as source makes Dac shows only red color no matter songs I played.

In android, it has moondrop link application for grant access and make it show correct color to the music sampling rate in apple music.

So I wonder if it is just iOS 17 / USB C issue?

Does anyone use it with ipad (type c) and get the same problem like this, please kindly share. Thank You

Sep 27, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi All,

I am using iphone 15 pro max (iOS 17.0.2) and use it with apple music + dongle dac called moondrop dawn

The specification of moondrop dawn, it has indicator LED light showing. If it is red mean it is PCM less than 48kHz and if it is blue mean it is PCM > 48kHz (such as hires)

1695796103871.png
I am wondering why using iPhone and apple music as source makes Dac shows only red color no matter songs I played.

In android, it has moondrop link application for grant access and make it show correct color to the music sampling rate in apple music.

So I wonder if it is just iOS 17 / USB C issue?

Does anyone use it with ipad (type c) and get the same problem like this, please kindly share. Thank You

Have you turned on the “Hi Res Lossless” switch in the Apple Music settings located in the iPhone general settings menu ?

Sep 27, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #3 of 3
Have you turned on the “Hi Res Lossless” switch in the Apple Music settings located in the iPhone general settings menu ?

Yes i turn on.

when i play hires, the light on dac is not correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back