iPAQ 210 Sound Quality?
Jul 7, 2008 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Spadge

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I currently own an iPAQ 210 PDA and have been using it as a DAP with my Atrio M5's.

If I just plug the M5's into the headphone output there is a fairly annoying background hiss. However when I run them through my (old version) Xin Supermini the hiss goes away and it actually sounds pretty good.

I'm wondering if I 'upgrade' to an ipod + LOD or other DAP if I will get a noticable increase in sound quality... what am I missing out on?

My only other portable source to test against is a Rockboxed Sansa E260 (which apparently has bad sound).

Is there anyone out there in head-fi land that owns the iPAQ and can compare the sound (through an amp) to some of the better DAP's out there? I would love to keep using the iPAQ as it means I'd only have to carry one device... but I want to make sure I am getting the most out of my M5's.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Paul

P.S. When I test the iPAQ against my home rig (see signature) I can definately hear shortcommings (bass impact, soundstage mostly) but I don't know how this would compare to other portable players (I'm hoping my home rig sounds better than most portables
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back