IPAD with Udac
May 22, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #20 of 43
I would say it works with other dacs that arent 16 bit, in fact it has already proven to do so, but perhaps it only outputs 16bit, which kinda sux, but not a deal killer.

May 22, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #21 of 43
So if the iPad/camera kit works with DACs.  What amount the limited storage?  I'm spoiled having my whole library on my iPod and have a tough time picking playlists for my iPhone.
cool.gif

May 22, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #22 of 43
use the cloud

Jun 2, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #24 of 43
Oh that would be awesome wouldn't it. Deverlopers might chime in to describe whether existing iPod/iPhone dock connectors have pins for a USB host connection. I know it has a USB client interface, that's how it syncs with a computer, but a USB host connection would be the trick.

On the other hand, it also depends on exactly what is in the camera connection kit.  The USB host circuitry could be in that connection kit and not actually inside the iPad. Someone needs to crack it open and see.

Anyone?

Jack

Jun 14, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #25 of 43
So does the ipod touch also support the nuforce? that would be NICE !!!

Btw...I love the solution for the IPAD with the Nuforce and would love to have hooked up like that to my stereo at all time, but how do I charge the IPAD parallel? Is there any solution or do I always have to unhook it to charge then? :frowning2:

Thanks for any advise !

Jun 14, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #26 of 43
have you guys seen this one?

http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipad-news/1103-sneak-peak-sleekgears-ipad-dock.html

It has a USB port. So you could charge and hook up the Nuforce at the same time right?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #27 of 43
The Wadia dock apperently uses an USB connection to retrieve the data from an iPod/iPhone, so all iPod families that are supported by the Wadia dock have USB host pins in the dock connector. The problem is that there is a "secret" handshake involved to start up the host service...

Jun 15, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #28 of 43

Quote:
The Wadia dock apperently uses an USB connection to retrieve the data from an iPod/iPhone, so all iPod families that are supported by the Wadia dock have USB host pins in the dock connector. The problem is that there is a "secret" handshake involved to start up the host service...

are you sure? So that means theoretically the ipad camera kit works on the ipod touch.?!

Jun 16, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #29 of 43
@Rafa. The wadia dock uses a special chip to convert USB back to I2S / SPDIF. And seeing that a lot of iPod family members work just fine with the Wadia dock it is just logic. The problem is the handshake. I believe i have read somewhere that the current iPod/iPhone's are not responding to the camera connection kit, but iPad has iOS4 "light" which in theory would allow the camera connection kit to work with every iPod that supports the oncoming iOS4. That's what i am hoping for. 

Jun 21, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #30 of 43
I think iOS4 is out. Could someone try his iPod Touch 3g with the iOS4 and the camera kit, maybe it is working. I hope there is somebody with this constelation of equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back