iPad Volume Control - HATE IT
Feb 11, 2011 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mkubota1

In the Happy Place
Maybe it's my punishment for using the headphone out on my iPad, but I can't stand the 16-step volume control.  What the heck was Apple thinking???  I think I know- since this device is more computer than dedicated music player the requirements are different.  I notice that my MBP also has 16-steps while my Nano has... a lot!  It's true that the volume on the screen (either in the player or the bottom task bar) has more resolution, but it seems to require the hands of a surgeon to make those fine adjustments.  I've always had issues with touchscreens... not sure if my skin is too dry or what.  Enough of the rant.

So I've tried a few things to get around this problem but I think it will come down to buying an amp.  I plan on either a Fiio E7 or Firestone Cute II Battery.  Does anyone else have this issue or are you all using your LOD?

BTW- something I noticed recently when using the LOD on the iPad:  If you have Sound Check enabled you get a very noticeable 'flutter' noise during quiet passages.  It's not there at the headphone out.  At first I thought it was the device I had connected or the LOD itself.  But it turned out that when I turned off Sound Check the noise went away.  This problem does not happen on my 6g Nano- I tried it.  Another interesting thing I noticed is that the volume on the iPad still works when you have the iPad connected to AirPort Express via AirPlay.  I thought that was strange.

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Heres hoping you have big pockets.

Like this?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back