iPad Pro 12.9?? Better than most outboard DACs
Feb 16, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 14

I read this too because I’m trying to decide on a setup for the bedroom. I’m thinking of a streaming device like HiFiBerry into a Schiit stack but I have an iPad Pro. So then I’m thinking I should connect the 3.5mm from the iPad into the headphone amp. But it’s hard to use the iPad when it’s plugged into an amp. So as much as I’d like to have one multipurpose device, I think the iPad is going to stay the iPad and I’ll get some music-specific gear for the music. I like the test results though. And I’ll certainly use the iPad for music on the road.

Feb 17, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #6 of 14
No...just no...I have iPad Pro 12.9” newest, and I don’t agree. Nope! It can be said to be better than most of the other platforms, but it still is just an iPad.

We're talking about comparison to other such product, quite obviously. Don't act weird.

Feb 17, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #7 of 14
Nope, I have the iPad Pro 12.9 (2017) and all my DAC's better.

However the iPad Pro 12.9 (2017) sounds really good for an iDevice. But you still need an external outboard DAC for high-end headphones to get the most out of it.

Feb 17, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #9 of 14
Learn to read.

You learn to read. This is what this guy says.

"Apple has more smart people and more resources than any other audio company on the planet, so as we see when it comes to audio engineering, the iPhone easily outdoes many so-called "audiophile" products.

For enjoying music, you will probably get poorer performance if you waste your time and money with outboard DACs or headphone amplifiers; the iPhone already has the best there is.

Why do commercial audio magazines tout external DACs and amplifiers? Because that what their advertisers are trying to sell!"

I call it BS since every DAC I have outperforms the iPad Pro 12.9 (I have one myself so I know how it sounds).

Feb 17, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #11 of 14
You said "Learn to read" and not "Learn to read what I said". xD

But I will leave you as I got better things to do. Funny thing is, my response was towards the OP and not even directed to you xD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back