iPad audio & IEM: bluetooth or BT adapter WITH in-line controls.
May 18, 2011 at 8:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ohlias

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone.

I like carrying the leat amount of gear possible. I'm no audiophiles, but I appreciate good sound. I listen to pop, rock and electronic music. I like good bass from my IEM.

I've recently started using my iPad to listen to music. Leave it in my backpack with my wired IEMs. This is slightly cumbersome due to the wire reaching over my should into the backpack. Also, I have no control over my music.

I thought of getting a nice set of wired IEMs with in line remote (zagg smart buds, UE, etc), but I would still have the wire to contend with.

So I though, maybe a BT IEM, losing the wire. I'm willing to compromise SOME sound quality on my commute for the added benefit of going wireless and having controle.

In reading reviews I discovered a third option, a BT adapter/remote that would allow me to sync a wired set of IEMs to any player.

Can any of you recommend some good hardware to look into? Most searches revealed posts dated from2009 and I assume there have been many changes since.

Can anyone help?

May 18, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #2 of 3
I'm using Sony Ericsson's MW600

Comes in white or black. Tiny dongle the size of an AA battery. Best built in battery of any BT bridge.

Good sound and sound power output

The two complaints I have over these are.....  I keep hitting the 'call' button which turns on voice command.

And, the most annoying thing is that the volume control..  can be a pain the the ass... a serious.. pain in the ass

other then that, IMHO this is the smallest, best looking and best performing BT bridge out there.

May 18, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 3
I continued searching/researching and stumbled onto the MW600. It seems to sell from ~$50 USD, but in Canada it's over $100! Our money is close to par with the USD, and I can't justify spending $100 bucks for this! :frowning2:

Perhaps I should consider a good IEM with In-Line controles and mic. Any suggestions? ($100)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back