iOS 7 bug fixes!
Sep 25, 2013 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

blueangel2323

Headphoneus Supremus
This a thread for everyone to share fixes for bugs on iDevices experienced after upgrading to iOS7. If you are experiencing problems or annoyances please feel free to post here and someone might be able to help you out.

I'll start with two of mine:

1. Keyboard is VERY slow to respond while the app that you are trying to type into (e.g. Messages, Notes, Facebook) is running fine. Letters do not appear until at least several seconds after you type them. Occurs on iPhone 4 and 4S.

Fix: Go to Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data and turn off the toggle switch to disable syncing documents to iCloud. The keyboard should now work fine. It's an odd and unintuitive cause to the problem, and I was skeptical at first, but it works.

2. Shortcut icons to Chinese sites appear in Safari even though your device language is set to English (see screenshot below).

900x900px-LL-01fd36fb_image.jpeg

Fix: Go to your Bookmarks (the open book icon, second from right in the bottom navigation bar) and select Favorites. It has a blue star icon beside it. Tap Edit (bottom right) and delete all of the Chinese sites.

If you would like to add your own sites to the Favorites screen, go back to your Bookmarks list, tap Edit, select the site you want, and under Location choose Favorites instead of Bookmarks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back