IOS 10
Sep 15, 2016 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

wdh777

100+ Head-Fier
Not sure where to post this.  I'm using a hugo TT into a gsx mk2 running it balanced and using an iPad tidal as a source.  It's worked great for a year.  Last night five minutes into streaming I got static/jitter.  If I unplug my iPad and then reconnect it then it works for about five minutes and does it again.  I've traded out headphones, checked the interconnects, tried apple music vs tidal and get the same issue.  The only thing that has changed in my set up is using IOS 10.  Any thoughts or is anyone else having an issue with IOS 10?  Thanks

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #2 of 10
  Not sure where to post this.  I'm using a hugo TT into a gsx mk2 running it balanced and using an iPad tidal as a source.  It's worked great for a year.  Last night five minutes into streaming I got static/jitter.  If I unplug my iPad and then reconnect it then it works for about five minutes and does it again.  I've traded out headphones, checked the interconnects, tried apple music vs tidal and get the same issue.  The only thing that has changed in my set up is using IOS 10.  Any thoughts or is anyone else having an issue with IOS 10?  Thanks

No, as I don't use IOS.  But I heard through a couple of diferent newspaper articles and newsletters that IOS10 is bricking IPhones and other devices.  There's supposed to be a bugfix either out or coming out quickly.  HTH

Sep 17, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 10
I was running iOS 9 on an iPhone 6s through an Aune T1 to Sennheiser HD600 using Tidal and Classics Online and FLAC player with no problem I installed iOS 10 and it will no longer play at all. It still works from my iPad 3 through the CCK which uses iOS 9, but nothing at all on iOS 10. Does anyone have any idea what can be done?

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 10
Just discovered this thread. I have the same / similar problem with iOS 10 on my iPhone 6s Plus. After a few minutes (but sometimes after many hours) it starts to sound as if the vocalist is gargling while they sing. I have tried 4 CCKs, 5 USB cables a Hugo, a Mojo and a HRT microstreamer. My old iPhone 5 also running IOS10 has no such problem.

Nov 1, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #6 of 10
I've had some weird garbled static added in to the audio track when streaming bluetooth from my 7 plus - whether it was Tidal, Spotify or even Youtube. A reboot fixed that and I haven't had any issues since then.

I theorise that it has something to do with how the built-in music app tries to take over when resuming playback - this I presume is related to the new detection routine for Apple certified wireless earphones/headphones. 

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #7 of 10
Hey folks, I know this thread has been inactive but thought I'd throw in my experience. My 3rd party CCK stopped working for my 6th gen iPod touch, and I presumed it simply died. Today, I was literally about to push the purchase button for a new one when in occurred to me that maybe, just maybe Apple pulled (another) fast one and bricked non-Apple accessories with iOS 10. I grabbed my wife's iPod touch 5th Gen which can only support up to iOS 9, plugged in the CCK and low and behold, it worked.... Thanks Apple....

mad.gif

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #8 of 10
Hey folks, I know this thread has been inactive but thought I'd throw in my experience. My 3rd party CCK stopped working for my 6th gen iPod touch, and I presumed it simply died. Today, I was literally about to push the purchase button for a new one when in occurred to me that maybe, just maybe Apple pulled (another) fast one and bricked non-Apple accessories with iOS 10. I grabbed my wife's iPod touch 5th Gen which can only support up to iOS 9, plugged in the CCK and low and behold, it worked.... Thanks Apple....

Complains all over the place but no response from apple
:mad:

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #9 of 10

Complains all over the place but no response from apple
:mad:

They're a tech/hardware company after all. It's in their best interests for everyone to upgrade to their latest and greatest.

Software/hardware obsolescence is partly what keeps the tech companies alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back