IOGear Powerline - any thoughts?
Feb 25, 2010 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

spinneresque

100+ Head-Fier
At first glance at least, this seems like a supercool way to get sound all through the house. I realize it would not be ideal, but, if you don't want to or can't spread cables everywhere....

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

IOGear Powerline Multiroom Audio System Review

$90 at amazon

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #2 of 4
Just to clarify, I really don't know much about electrical wires running through the house. If someone could put in layman's terms why it is NOT a good idea to run your sound system through these same wires I would love that information. I know there must be an obvious answer, I am just still electrically ignorant. But I REALLY want to learn.

thanks again

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 4
It's run through an analog to digital converter and transmitted digitally, so there are not necessarily as many inherent negatives as you might imagine. I don't know about the quality of this particular device, but the technology itself has the potential to offer excellent performance. Google "Powerline Alliance" to read about the technology this is based on.

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #4 of 4
thanks so much~! I was expecting a lot of replies about what kind of interferences to expect, etc., at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back