Io6 vs PX7 vs Aonic50 vs Qc35-2
Nov 9, 2020 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Garreth83

Head-Fier
Hello, I’m new here. If I posted this in a wrong place. I’m sorry!

After getting rid of the floorstanders because of children, spouses etcetera “family life”, I delved into the world of noise canceling headphones. I tried or owned a few. Currently I own the aonic50, the Io6, Px7 and QC35-2. I will probably sell one or two.

I will try to do my best to give a honest and short review from my perspective

QC 35.

Light weight, comfy, digital weird sounding high / mid. Soundstage is fine with me. Instrument placement and detail are not outstanding. Fast and punchy bass. Not a lot of it but fast and punchy. I use these mainly when cycling.

Noise canceling is highly effective

Aonic50

Feels light and really comfy. Natural sounding high and mid. A lot of fast low end. Not sub-low but mostly the high and mid low. Very dry sounding. Great instrument separation. It’s really easy to follow everything. It gets a bit shrill at high volume.

ANC is weak with these, but the great sound is a acceptable trade-off.

Io6

Soundwise this is my favorite. It all sounds lush and natural with great separation and detail. The bass emphasis seems to be more toward the sub bass level. It seems like there is little bass but it’s just different and very refreshing. With the Dali I get lost in the music, it draws me in. There’s a shimmer to the sound that i really love, it sounds very different from other headphones with a sound profile that is all it’s own.

the downside is that these aren’t so comfortable for my big head and ears.

ANC is effective, just right

PX7

Boy these sound fun. All your music is now on steroids. It’s like flipping the loudness switch on a transistor amp. However after a while you start noticing that some of your music sounds “off” . It starts out as a fun sounding headphone but once you get used to it it actually sounds muddy. Muddy is not quite the word, but just not as resolving as they trick you into feeling at a first listen.
Switching from these to a headphone with a more audiophile response makes the flat sounding headphone sound thin in comparison for a while

Comfort is great, a bit much clamping force but tolerable

Anc is very effective with the px7

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 3
I have owned both the PX7 and IO4, and agree with you fully. I would add that the former had an impressive soundstage, too, due to the earcups.

Unfortunately, I had to return the IO4's since both the headband and the earcups were uncomfortable. They were the best sounding headphones I have ever heard. If they ever make a comfortable version, I'll buy it, sell everything else and never look back.

Nov 11, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 3
I have owned both the PX7 and IO4, and agree with you fully. I would add that the former had an impressive soundstage, too, due to the earcups.

Unfortunately, I had to return the IO4's since both the headband and the earcups were uncomfortable. They were the best sounding headphones I have ever heard. If they ever make a comfortable version, I'll buy it, sell everything else and never look back.

Yes if Dali can up the comfort they would be the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back