Invisible Shield vs. Best Skins Ever~5G iPod
Dec 21, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #17 of 34
I had BSE on for a few weeks, and decided to get agent18 case for shock protection. However, now with BSE on, I can't seem to fit iPod into my agent18 case. Did anyone else experience this? Or do I just not know how to use the agent18 case? Thanks.

Dec 21, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #18 of 34
Has anyone ever removed the Invis Shield after a couple of weeks and put it back on. Is that possible? Asking because a friend of mine screwed up putting it on, and then forgot about it for two weeks (don't ask me how).

Dec 21, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by rextrade
Has anyone ever removed the Invis Shield after a couple of weeks and put it back on. Is that possible? Asking because a friend of mine screwed up putting it on, and then forgot about it for two weeks (don't ask me how).

No way. It won't work at all because the adhesive sort of beads and globs up on the back of the plastic ojnce it is dried. You can't see it when it's on but if you pull it up and then try to reapply it, even if you use water it will come out really foggy. However, your friend should not have a problem getting a replacement under warrantee from IS. Then all he has to do is wait for the replacement and mail the old one back to them.

Dec 21, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnnj
No way. It won't work at all because the adhesive sort of beads and globs up on the back of the plastic ojnce it is dried. You can't see it when it's on but if you pull it up and then try to reapply it, even if you use water it will come out really foggy. However, your friend should not have a problem getting a replacement under warrantee from IS. Then all he has to do is wait for the replacement and mail the old one back to them.

yep he should call IS and they will send another along - just have him mail back the old one after calling them.

Dec 30, 2005 at 12:40 PM Post #22 of 34
great, i just ordered a BSE 2 days ago. =[. probably going to arrive tomrrow =x

Dec 30, 2005 at 3:14 PM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by tehdvd
great, i just ordered a BSE 2 days ago. =[. probably going to arrive tomrrow =x

I would try to return it. Total waste of $$.

Aug 18, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by boschtb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No experience with the BSE here, but I applied my invisibleshield last night. Using the Windex method, it was easy to apply perfectly in one try in less than 20 minutes. I had read all of the positive comments about how it looks on as well as the negative comments about getting on, and I luckily experienced only the positive. This is the best wrap/shield/screen protector that I have ever seen for any product.

What's the Windex method?
blink.gif

I was wondering weather i should get BSE or IS but now I have decided
biggrin.gif
. The reason I'm looking into getting one is because my radio won't let me have a case on it so I had to remove it. I don't want any scratches on my ipod :/

Aug 19, 2007 at 8:40 AM Post #25 of 34
I personally disliked both products.
I had an IS for my 4G iMod and my Cowon A2 and a BSE for my 5.5G iPod.
The BSE is tougher to apply, I would agree on that.
With either protection you will be unable to get the iPod or whatever DAP in most dedicated cases. A leather pouch might still work. Get your case beforehand and then see if it fits like a glove or not, or you will have to remove any IS or BSE.
While both products might work with a DAP I found them both lacking when it comes to video. Both skins are not 100% clear even when put on with utmost care.
I also disliked the fact that the edges of the skins are a magnet to dirt.

I will not go as far as to say that the IS is not worth its money but you should very much consider its actual use before a purchase.

Aug 19, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #26 of 34
Well, Im glad I found this thread when I did b/c I have an video ipod in an iskin evo case that I like very much, but was looking for a clear protector to use as well just in case. I want to especially have some kind of protection for the bottom dock connector (which is covered by a flap on the iskin, but inserting my alo dock every day has me concerned with scratches...)
I assumed I would just get a BSE on IS which would offer extra scratch protection overall and especially the area around the dock, but after reading these posts I don't think that is such a good idea b/c the iskin is very snug and now I am concerned that with the extra bulk of a clear shield it will not fit anymore.
Maybe I will try a BSE, since (according to the OP) it is thinner, and just put it on the back of the ipod so the dock area will no longer be exposed at all...
Anyway, thanks for the heads up!

Aug 19, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While both products might work with a DAP I found them both lacking when it comes to video. Both skins are not 100% clear even when put on with utmost care.

Can anyone elaborate on how much the IS affects the transparency of the screen? Obviously it can't be TOO cloudy, or the product wouldn't sell, but just how much does the IS cloud the screen?

Aug 19, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #28 of 34
Yeah, that's good to know.

I got my IS at a kiosk at the mall, and they gave me a free installation kit that came with a spray and a credit-card sized plastic squeegee thingie. It was easy to apply, and it looks great as well.

Aug 19, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by druelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone elaborate on how much the IS affects the transparency of the screen? Obviously it can't be TOO cloudy, or the product wouldn't sell, but just how much does the IS cloud the screen?

If you clean the screen properly before applying the IS, the IS should be fairly transparent. Also, you need to get all the bubbles out. The tool that comes with the kit works, and a credit card will work also. I would say it's like 95% transparent.

Aug 19, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

I would say it's like 95% transparent.

Although I did a fairly good job I would rather assume 85% transparency. Honestly I found it annoying. I have the A2 for over a year without any protection (apart from the supplied leather case) and there is not a single scratch on the screen.
If you handle your stuff with care a protection is not always needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back