Inventor finds energy source while looking for cancer cure.
Jun 26, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #16 of 68
So what will power the radio wave source? How much power will it consume? What is the bi-product? A lot of unanswered questions, that I would have to see before I trust this.

Jun 26, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #17 of 68
This thread title alone reads like a bad joke: "Inventor" finds source of energy while searching for cancer cure.

Come on!!!!

I particularlly like his quotes:

John Kanzius writes:

"Actually there are smart individuals who have posted on different web sited and actually have a pretty good idea of what is happening."

"Why does everyone think this is a form of electrolysis?

"Some scientists who have made comments on certain web sites actually understand the mechanism of action.

I'd love to know how his device is intended to kill cancer cells without killing normal cells when it generates a beam of 3000 DEGREES. The guy must have krytptonite skin.

And I love this from NBC news:

"He said engineers are currently experimenting with him in Erie, Pa. in an attempt to harness the energy. They've built an engine that, when placed on top of the flame, chugged along for two minutes, Kanzius told WPBF."

It's called a fuggin' STEAM BOAT!

Jun 26, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #18 of 68
The one thing I saw that was lacking was- How much energy in produces how much energy out? Net gain or net loss?

It might be like the Nuclear Fusion debacle 15 years ago.

I saw an article on this awhile ago and it was interesting. But caution should be used since there's tons of fraud and perpetual motion machines out there.

Maybe though- we can only hope.

Mitch

Jun 26, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #19 of 68
As a form of energy the problem is basic chemistry

2H[size=xx-small]2[/size] + O[size=xx-small]2 = [size=x-small]2H[size=xx-small]2[/size]O + Energy + Lost Heat (that the energy you get from burning hydrogen)

Now
[/size][/size][size=xx-small][size=x-small]2H[size=xx-small]2[/size]O + Energy = [/size][/size]2H[size=xx-small]2[/size] + O[size=xx-small]2 [/size][size=xx-small][size=x-small]+ Lost Heat [/size][/size][size=xx-small][size=x-small](that the reverse operation to get hydrogen from water.)

In a impossible perfect system where there is no lost of energy in heat. The equation would balance. So you cannot get more energy from burning water than you have expend in splitting water. Just get even.

But even just getting the same amount of energy is impossible you lose energy each time you do the conversion so you get less energy. There is no perpetual motion machine.

Think about it water is the ash of [/size][/size]2H[size=xx-small]2[/size] + O[size=xx-small]2 [size=x-small]combustion, since burning hydrogen give you water.[/size]
[size=x-small]
So it like you take white wood ash use a process to input energy in it to reconstitute wood then burn it back to ash. See the perpetual motion here. Then pretend that ash is a new form of energy.

[/size][/size]

Jun 26, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #22 of 68
I would call it an open cycle fuel cell. The contaminants in the water are used as a catalyst to break down water into hydrogen and oxygen in the water. Normally in a fuel cell you need an rare metal as a catalyst but this is very unique as they say in patient world "a novel ideal."

Jun 27, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #25 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a form of energy the problem is basic chemistry

2H[size=xx-small]2[/size] + O[size=xx-small]2 = [size=x-small]2H[size=xx-small]2[/size]O + Energy + Lost Heat (that the energy you get from burning hydrogen)

Now
[/size][/size][size=xx-small][size=x-small]2H[size=xx-small]2[/size]O + Energy = [/size][/size]2H[size=xx-small]2[/size] + O[size=xx-small]2 [/size][size=xx-small][size=x-small]+ Lost Heat [/size][/size][size=xx-small][size=x-small](that the reverse operation to get hydrogen from water.)

In a impossible perfect system where there is no lost of energy in heat. The equation would balance. So you cannot get more energy from burning water than you have expend in splitting water. Just get even.

But even just getting the same amount of energy is impossible you lose energy each time you do the conversion so you get less energy. There is no perpetual motion machine.

Think about it water is the ash of [/size][/size]2H[size=xx-small]2[/size] + O[size=xx-small]2 [size=x-small]combustion, since burning hydrogen give you water.[/size]
[size=x-small]
So it like you take white wood ash use a process to input energy in it to reconstitute wood then burn it back to ash. See the perpetual motion here. Then pretend that ash is a new form of energy.

[/size][/size]

Yeah. This seems pretty much another incarnation of Brown's Gas and it always makes it onto a local news channel as the next biggest breakthrough every so often.

Jun 27, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #26 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thing is that he couldn't sustain the "flame" without putting in electricity to run the radio wave machine.

What if wind or solar power provided the electricity to run the thing? Free energy that wouldn't burden the power grid one iota. And with the company in CA inventing solar panels that don't need to be fabricated in a sealed environment the price has already plummeted for solar panels they make.

Jun 27, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #27 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
What if wind or solar power provided the electricity to run the thing? Free energy that wouldn't burden the power grid one iota. And with the company in CA inventing solar panels that don't need to be fabricated in a sealed environment the price has already plummeted for solar panels they make.

That is provided that the amount of energy needed to sustain the reaction is less than that amount of energy output. If it outputs less energy, then it wouldnt make sense to use the solar or wind energy to power the reaction since the amount of energy in the end is less.

Jun 27, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #28 of 68
Sound waves have the potential to be a solution for many issues, not just cancer, but that is extremely encouraging as a cancer therapy. Radiation and chemotherapy are so detrimental to the body. I'm actually surprised a sound solution has taken this long to catch on.

As for hydrogen powered cars, that's not a new theory, nor a new solution. Check out the Cornish Hydrogen Generator and A Forgotten Patent by Mr. Francois P. Cornish back in the early 80's. This device was even tested successfully by BWM! Years later they reveals the BMW Hydrogen 7. Read BMW's reply to Cornish and decipher the water truth for yourself.

Also check out the inventor Stan Myer who's concept is spreading across the internet on sites like Water4Gas.

Things that make you go, "Hmmm...".

Jun 27, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #29 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound waves have the potential to be a solution for many issues, not just cancer, but that is extremely encouraging as a cancer therapy. Radiation and chemotherapy are so detrimental to the body. I'm actually surprised a sound solution has taken this long to catch on.

A sound wave is not a radio wave. A radio wave is part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Since sunlight can give you cancer if you're exposed too long, I'm sure getting exposure to a lot of radio waves can have the potential for side effects as well. And, I guess as FalconP points out that radiowave therapy has already been implemented with liver cancer.

So on closer examination of the facts.....this is another re-invention of the wheel
biggrin.gif
Too bad the first rule of Thermodynamics is so hard to break....this technology is not an energy source, but a carrier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back