introduction:
Feb 2, 2019 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

954kevin

New Head-Fier
whats up! my name is kevin and im here to learn and share in the hobby a little.

im admittedly pretty new to the idea of enjoying music through finer equipment. so ill be happy to absorb any knowledge that gets dropped on me. excuse my questions and ignorance along the way.

ive always been a fan of music. i play the bass, ive done some professional dj work in after hours clubs. im a pc enthusiast and love fast motorcycles.

ill honestly listen to, and enjoy just about any kind of music. i was a young teenager in the 90's, so im big on rock like alice in chains, mad season, pearl jam and the like. likewise i love hip hop like mos def, wu-tang, fugees, biggie, and older stuff like grandmaster flash.

i gained a huge love for music from my dad who is an outstanding musician. much of my taste in music i got from him. so i really enjoy the older stuff he imparted on me as well. band like yes, dan fogelberg, humble pie and so on. ill enjoy some other stuff like adele, jason isbell and bach's cello suite no1 too.

ill mention i am mostly def in my left. born with nerve damage. i can hear most low frequencies, but majority of the mid and high end just dont exist in that ear for me. ive never known any different, but still very aware of how it affects things like imaging and sound stage. it has some advantages though. for instance, if im trying to sleep in a noisy space i can just bury my right ear in a pillow and the noise goes away. :)

im interested in growing my equipment level to better match my passion for listening. i joined hoping to get some good advice backed with explanation to hopefully help guide my entry into a more enthusiast approach to listening. ill also mention my approach will be on the best bang for the buck/budget end of things. im not wealthy and i have several expensive hobbies already. plus im raising my 5 year old nephew.($$$$$) just saying i wont be dropping thousands of dollars on headphones etc, but what i do spend, i want to do well.

thanks for having me!

Feb 4, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #4 of 4
whats up! my name is kevin and im here to learn and share in the hobby a little.

im admittedly pretty new to the idea of enjoying music through finer equipment. so ill be happy to absorb any knowledge that gets dropped on me. excuse my questions and ignorance along the way.

ive always been a fan of music. i play the bass, ive done some professional dj work in after hours clubs. im a pc enthusiast and love fast motorcycles.

ill honestly listen to, and enjoy just about any kind of music. i was a young teenager in the 90's, so im big on rock like alice in chains, mad season, pearl jam and the like. likewise i love hip hop like mos def, wu-tang, fugees, biggie, and older stuff like grandmaster flash.

i gained a huge love for music from my dad who is an outstanding musician. much of my taste in music i got from him. so i really enjoy the older stuff he imparted on me as well. band like yes, dan fogelberg, humble pie and so on. ill enjoy some other stuff like adele, jason isbell and bach's cello suite no1 too.

ill mention i am mostly def in my left. born with nerve damage. i can hear most low frequencies, but majority of the mid and high end just dont exist in that ear for me. ive never known any different, but still very aware of how it affects things like imaging and sound stage. it has some advantages though. for instance, if im trying to sleep in a noisy space i can just bury my right ear in a pillow and the noise goes away. :)

im interested in growing my equipment level to better match my passion for listening. i joined hoping to get some good advice backed with explanation to hopefully help guide my entry into a more enthusiast approach to listening. ill also mention my approach will be on the best bang for the buck/budget end of things. im not wealthy and i have several expensive hobbies already. plus im raising my 5 year old nephew.($$$$$) just saying i wont be dropping thousands of dollars on headphones etc, but what i do spend, i want to do well.

thanks for having me!

Welcome to " The Finer Things in Life". This hobby will drain your cash faster then a Vampire at a blood bank. The science of it a!l can be quite mind numbing, but I have learned a litt!e about this audio stuff.
I am stone deaf in my left ear as well and have the same audio issues as you with sound. Hearing in mono not to bad, right.
If you are looking for a Dap I highly recommend the Cayin N5 as I find the sound to be great at the mids and highs, the lows are good as well, lots of clarity on vocals. It should not break the bank as it is first gen for Cayin. There is no streaming or wireless, has 2 SD card slots ( I have 2 256 gb filled with mostly flac files)
I listen to everything , heavy on the blues and female vocals of any genre. Who am I kidding I can find good music in any genre be it old, new

Bruce

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back