Introduction
Jun 14, 2015 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

diver110

100+ Head-Fier
I am a long-term audiophile with pretty much a class A component system (Legacy Aeris, Quicksilver 88's, CJ ET3 SE, Oppo 105 with Modwright mods). I will be living away from home for up to 7 months next year, so was looking for something transportable (not necessarily portable). As an experiment (almost everything is returnable), I have ordered the Sennheiser 650's, Surf balanced cable, and Pono player. Will see how that works out. Ultimately, I suspect I will want a tube amp and dac. I got the Pono partly because the dac is supposed to be decent. Any words of advice are welcome.

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #2 of 2
It looks like you've selected some good stuff to start with.  I'll assume you like the synergy and sound of your speaker-based system, so you will have a great reference point with your headphone system selection.  I use my speaker-based system as my reference for headphone stuff.  Trying to duplicate it as much as possible without going broke is tough, but fun.
Give the Pono/Senn combo a whirl and judge what you think it may be missing, if anything.  There is so much available now in regards to amps/dacs/headphones - it's nothing like it was 20 years when I first got into headphone listening.  You have a lot to look forward to unless you're short on patience
darthsmile.gif

Good luck with your endeavor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back