Introduction
Mar 25, 2012 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

p-nor

New Head-Fier
Hello all.  My name is Paul and while I've been into the world of audio fancy-ness for a while now I've just started to get more interested in the headphone end of things.  I got my first "nice" system probably about 17-18 years ago with an Adcom GTP400, GTA 545 and some Polk monitors.  I'm still listening to the GTA 545 and the Polks but have replaced the GTP 400 with a GFP 750.  My source components are an old Goodwill found Kenwood KD2055 turntable with a Grado black cart and an Esoteric DV-50 (not from Goodwill
biggrin.gif
) for the digital end of things.  I have just bought a modded X-Cans from mrarroyo here on the site to use with my craigslist found Beyerdynamic DT880's. 

I'm glad to have found this site even though it will probably cost me money in the long run.

Paul

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #2 of 4
Welcome to Head-Fi!  Sorry about your wallet!!!!!

Quote:
Hello all.  My name is Paul and while I've been into the world of audio fancy-ness for a while now I've just started to get more interested in the headphone end of things.  I got my first "nice" system probably about 17-18 years ago with an Adcom GTP400, GTA 545 and some Polk monitors.  I'm still listening to the GTA 545 and the Polks but have replaced the GTP 400 with a GFP 750.  My source components are an old Goodwill found Kenwood KD2055 turntable with a Grado black cart and an Esoteric DV-50 (not from Goodwill
biggrin.gif
) for the digital end of things.  I have just bought a modded X-Cans from mrarroyo here on the site to use with my craigslist found Beyerdynamic DT880's. 

I'm glad to have found this site even though it will probably cost me money in the long run.

Paul

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 4
Sorry for your wallet.

But in all fairness and for justice, hi fi is economical if you shop smart.

Buy a good headphone and buy a kick ass amp along with a good quality source like a fine turntable or digital player. It will be expensive but it will sound great for many years and you really will not need to buy anymore products. Compared to other hobbies, head-fi is not so bad as long as you are not a shopaholic. 

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 4
You're right about the cost Spareribs.  If you take the DV-50 out, I really haven't spent much money on the system I have currently.  Even if you include it and all the other pieces I've bought and sold,  it's still not that bad over the long term. 
wink.gif
   I know people who spend that much on dirt bikes and race cars annually.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back