Introduction to X1 Stacking Kit HS12
Nov 19, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 15
Nov 19, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #6 of 15
Cheap for the quality though. I have both kit and interconnect on their way.

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #8 of 15
Check your local Fiio distributor.  Ours is Sound Essentials (http://www.soundessentials.co.nz/FiiO.html).  Although John didn't have the L17 showing on the website, he did have some just arrived.

As far as price goes - it was same as L16
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #13 of 15
Thought I should post this here as well ......

Got a few photos for anyone considering buying, or having bought the X1. The E11K is a great accompaniment to it IMO - and especially so when you add the following (it's fast becoming my go-to portable solution) ........

Alternative to the included case (ultra-portable)

Fiio C02 clear case.  Fits like a glove.  Provides great protection to rear, and sides. Only downside is that you need to remove it to use the stacker kit.  Otherwise an ideal case IMO - providing protection, and aesthetically pleasing.

For exercise and on the go

Fiio SK-X1.  Case is the same as the C02, so really safe snug fit.  The band is big enough for anyone, and the velcro goes the entire length, so very easy to adjust.  Really comfortable too.

The ideal mini to mini connector

The Fiio L17.  I'm not going to talk about the sound - because it's an interconnect - to me it has no sound characteristic.  But it is stylish, ideal length (you'll see below) and has two 90 degree jacks. The build quality is top notch as well.

and  ......

Portable + power

Fiio HS12 stacker kit + E11K. Photos tell the story.  Perfect fit for the X1 + E11K, easy to assemble and disassemble, and looks really stylish. Compared to the X5 it's slightly deeper (in combo) but also a little smaller in your hand. Feels really robust when stacked, and all controls remain accessible.  Best part is that the E11K is there when you need added power - but you can also just break the combo down to single X1 if/when you need ultra-portability.

And why would you bother with the E11K .....?

For me it's simple - if you want to drive a full sized can, and you're on a budget - this solution is (IMO) not that far off what an X5 offers.  Yes there are a few less features, and X5 sounds that little bit better - but this is really very good.  If I didn't have the X5 - I could live with this by itself. At the moment while I'm typing this, I'm listening to my X1 + E11K + Beyerdynamic T1.

Earlier - it was the AKG K812.

Both sound incredible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back