Introduction of a new born head-fier (or wannabe: )
Oct 6, 2015 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Lucas Meyer

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-fiers!

This is my first post as i decided to join after reading so many posts here and adopting head-fi.com as my search engine for equipment reviews, comparos, opinions and suggestions. But before i proceed, here is a little intro on how i got into these stuff.

A little while ago i was a normal folk, listening to .MP3 on cheap ear phones around and quite happy about it when my phones died on me (a pair of cheap phillips). Immediately, i started to search for something to replace and accidentally stumbled upon a set of Sennheiser's CX400 for only 15 bucks. I thought it was a little more expensive compared to other cheap stuff but i decided to go with'em hoping they would last longer or give me a more premium thing over those i was used to. I didnt even know they were like 50 dollar phones, and still have no idea why the website i got them from sold it for such price but anyways... As i received them, i was wowed, better, shocked. listening to my PC music was something new, ina way that i had to listen to everything again... i was swimming into the tracks because music was no more a 2D portrait to look at, it had an extra dimension, depth, wich i never thought a music would have. It was almost like if i could point out where the instruments were located and how far they were, especially while listening to those bigger, useless formats such .WAV's (back then i used to think they were useless given their size compared to mp3's)... then, i got crazy about it, deleted all my .mp3s and got all my songs in lossless formats, regardless the disc consumption, got Audacity for conversions, converting and decompressing every piece of .FLAC i got at the net for .WAV, in the biggest outputs i could, like 192kHz generating 800Mb songs hahha (ignorantly)... but anyways... i also changed the windows' audio option output to 24 bit. Later, discovered i wasn't discovering america, that was more commom than i thought.

DONE! 

Rockie AudioHeadphiliated addict created with success! thank to those cheap accidentally purchased sennheiser CX400s! even though they are not high end buds, but they made a world of difference for my ears after being punished years and years long by china phillips and .mp3's.

Now, i am in the hunt for new gear for my self as well as trying to leave the state of ignorance on techs and gadgets out there, reading as much as i can and always unresolved about new purchases ahead. As i get used to the forum, i'll do my research and later ask for opinions and guidance on my ideas!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back