Introducing the "Nubrella"
May 11, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #17 of 48
Wonder how many have been sold?

I would put my head in a plastic bag before using one of those.
(not an endorsment of putting plastic bags over your head. Please read all warnings on plastic bags before inserting head into plastic bag.)

May 11, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #19 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to replace my car with a Segway and a Nubrella.

Add a skullcandy headphone and the picture is complete
biggrin.gif

The idea of the nubrella is brilliant, for so long you didn't consume some quantities of garlic sauce... Then you would be in more trouble then you're (by now) completely burn out car...
biggrin.gif

And for the K1000 option, where to put the needed amp and carbattery pack. Pounder... pounder.....
Any suggestions anyone. And if someone is willing to take the bed of supernothing, count me in, i will do almost anything for a nice eargasm... How lovely would the K1000 reverb inside the nubrella, mmh, thinking about it, mayby i should add some padding to those nubrella's to perfect the acoustics. And do not forget the segway pleace when sending the needed items, i do need a quick get away if i would do this
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #20 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's on fire right now, in fact.

I'm just that damn good.

May 11, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #21 of 48
Already invented:
umbrella-hat-big.jpg

Functionally, it is a cool design. It is too bad it looks so ridiculous. If it was around in the 60s, I have no doubt it would have been a success.

May 11, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #23 of 48
Forget the K1000. I think this would be good with the Sennheiser Surrounder.
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #24 of 48
I tried so hard not to laugh, but I just couldn't keep that smile off my face that said, "I can't wait for the day I actually see someone with one of these on."

May 11, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #25 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_d_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's gotta be someone out there willing to wear the nubrella and k1000.

I have no issue wearing the K1000 around town, but like hell I'm going to wear one of these spaceman bubbles.

May 11, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #26 of 48
What if I want to keep my lower torso and legs dry also?

Should I use an umbrella?

May 11, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #27 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh. When you have to deal with serious rain, you wear a rain jacket.

Learned that from eight years in the great Pacific Northwest.

QFT.

I used to carry a very tiny, flat "briefcase" umbrella everywhere I went. It was small enough to carry without even noticing. But for serious downpours, a good raincoat is unbeatable. The Nubrella would leave the rest of the body soaked. Worthless.

Of course, I finally don't carry an umbrella everywhere since it barely ever rains in SoCal. Although I did carry an umbrella around everywhere just out of habit for a few years until I finally stopped.

-Ed

May 11, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #29 of 48
With some smart engineering of the edge and folding structure I'm sure the umbrella inversion problem can be solved much more, how you say, gracefully.

Also, by pointing the point of the umbrella into the wind, one can prevent such things from even happening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back