Introducing the Latest in Budget Audiophilia - Move over SCPH-1001 **56K Beware**
Mar 17, 2008 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Postal_Blue

500+ Head-Fier
After months of searching, I have finally located the coveted Nintendo Model: CKK3V6.08.

Introducingthelatestinbudgetaudi-3.jpg

At first glance this appears to be any other Nintendo entertainment system. But, wait a minute! I don’t remember a 1/4" audio jack or what appears to be a volume knob on my childhood NES?. Oh well, excited to play some “Punch-Out”, I lift the lid to insert the game cartridge.

Introducingthelatestinbudgetaudi-4.jpg

Again something seems different and I decide that a closer look will be necessary.

Introducingthelatestinbudgetaudi-6.jpg

Dost mine eyes deceive me? Nintendo seems to have stuffed a high-end headphone amplifier into this unit.

Introducingthelatestinbudgetaudi-1.jpg

Introducingthelatestinbudgetaudi-2.jpg

Unfortunately, they seem to have left out the gaming system.

Introducingthelatestinbudgetaudioph.jpg

No worries, I’ll bask in the audio goodness that is the Model CKK3V6.08 and play “Punch-Out” via my favorite emulator.
Introducingthelatestinbudgetaudi-5.jpg

P.S. If you are interested in sourcing the coveted CKK3V6.08, I suggest scouring pawnshops and GJA.

Special thanks to Jeff Rossel.

Mar 18, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #5 of 14
That's pretty sweet, especially for a first build. You should have wired the controller jack to be the headphone jack for pure audio awesomeness.
biggrin.gif
Congrats and enjoy.

Mar 18, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #6 of 14
That is excellent, I never knew how little was inside a Nintendo, and those games were so AWESOME!

Mar 18, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #8 of 14
NESCKK3!

Very bad ass!

Mar 20, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #9 of 14
Nice build.

Any plans to upgrade the controller?
Maybe?

A: Set amplification/gain
B: Bass boost

Select: Select source
Start: Demo mode

Up/down: Increase / Decrease crossfeed
Left/Right: Balance

Mar 20, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by empty265 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice build.

Any plans to upgrade the controller?

I have considered the idea. Not sure how complex it would get, but if I ever add a digital volume control/motor driven pot it will most certainly run through the NES controller.

Mar 11, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #12 of 14
woah this is awesome, i love the NES, good use of a dead one
atsmile.gif
come to think of it i do have a dead ps2 and a unused gamecube laying around ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back