Introducing the Aurvana.
May 24, 2006 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

MdRex

1000+ Head-Fier
Just saw this on creative. Creative's foray into high end market?

http://asia.creative.com/products/pr...ct=14702&nav=2

I must admit that the name sounds cool and silly at the same time. Instead of calling it the EP845625878. No price yet.

Could be interesting.
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2006 at 11:11 AM Post #3 of 33
Personally, I think Creative is overdoing this a little.

They've got major competition in the IEM market, except for our little island down here where its a sea of iBuds.

No one down here's willing to spend that much on earphones. When they knew my CK7 costed SG$119, they flopped and called me nuts... Needn't say about my E4G.

If Creative's gonna concentrate on profit, its gonna be hard selling this new product of theirs I think.

May 24, 2006 at 11:27 AM Post #4 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyron
No one down here's willing to spend that much on earphones. When they knew my CK7 costed SG$119, they flopped and called me nuts... Needn't say about my E4G.

If Creative's gonna concentrate on profit, its gonna be hard selling this new product of theirs I think.

The drivers cost what? $10 each? The finished product retails for (speculation) $350+

I think it's a good idea to spread the product line for all price points. Especially when it can be done on the cheap like IEMs.

May 24, 2006 at 12:04 PM Post #5 of 33
While I agree that the price point of IEMs are horribly mis-matched (US$185 for an E4 to just [subjective]) surpass ye ol' PortaPro and KSC75 is kinda... mis-matched to say the least.

Yet I still enjoy the E4 and CK7 for their relative size and more than decent SQ.

May 24, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #6 of 33
Price shouldn't be too high (I am guestimating US$100 +50) since creative is aiming at the consumer crowd (san their E-MU products). They must price themselve competitvely to at least have their presence felt in the sea of iBuds.

May 24, 2006 at 12:17 PM Post #7 of 33
I have my reservations about them keeping their pricing for the Aurvana low, but if they do, I guess some of the locals might be interested in giving it a whirl, as do I =)

May 24, 2006 at 1:48 PM Post #9 of 33
From the looks of the tubing that injects the sound into the ear, I'm suspecting UE.

Etys use only single drivers, so I think its unlikely to be Ety
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2006 at 3:12 PM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

I have my reservations about them keeping their pricing for the Aurvana low, but if they do, I guess some of the locals might be interested in giving it a whirl, as do I =)

emm.. i might be able to get it at staff price like my EP630.. hee... see how the pricing first... haha.. in our little island of iBud which produces the "Best Sound", spend more den S$80 is consider expensive to them. my friend also say i'm crazy for buying iM716

May 24, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

From the looks of the tubing that injects the sound into the ear, I'm suspecting UE.

Etys use only single drivers, so I think its unlikely to be Ety
smily_headphones1.gif

it a single driver IEM.. but the design of the driver lookl like dual

May 24, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #12 of 33
Creative really needs to make some money, they said that they were shifting focus to higher margin products. So im guessing these will be pretty expensive.

May 24, 2006 at 3:22 PM Post #13 of 33
Single driver? *looks properly*

Whoops, I jumped the gun x.X

May 24, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #14 of 33
one of the reasons why i respect creative is they try to bring good phones to the masses. the ath-fc7, sharp md33, and now the superfi 3 look-alike. this shows they actually go find out what sounds good, instead of branding any high-end looking china knock-offs and pass it off as some high end phones.

May 24, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
Creative really needs to make some money, they said that they were shifting focus to higher margin products. So im guessing these will be pretty expensive.

Yeah, they just seem to keep getting in hotter and hotter water, product wise. I don't even think the average consumer knows who they are anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back