Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation Headphones from AudioQuest
Nov 10, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #95 of 422
I don't have any muddiness either. I wonder if aq did a retune recently?

So my father recently picked up a pair because of the sale, and I swear his sounded clearer, or less muddy, than the pair I own. However, I haven't had a chance to compare mine to his, and I've only listened to his on his Apogee Groove (which, btw, is a really excellent pairing).

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #97 of 422
Are y'all talking about Nighthawks? If so, you might want to take it over to the Nighthawks thread.

This is a nighthawks thread. It's relevant as the nighthawk carbon and classic are to be sonically identical.

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #98 of 422
So my father recently picked up a pair because of the sale, and I swear his sounded clearer, or less muddy, than the pair I own. However, I haven't had a chance to compare mine to his, and I've only listened to his on his Apogee Groove (which, btw, is a really excellent pairing).

The pair I have had for 1 week do not really sound like people describe them.

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #99 of 422
This is a nighthawks thread. It's relevant as the nighthawk carbon and classic are to be sonically identical.

True, true...

That said it's just an introduction thread, and there are separate threads for nighthawk and Nightowl, aren't there? Would probably make it easier for people to find answers on either one of we kept discussions for each on their respective threads. Our maybe Nighthawk Carbon is significant enough to deserve its own dedicated thread. Just thinking out loud...

Nov 10, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #100 of 422

I would never describe them as muddy. But bass lines can be a tad blurred and indistinct. Sometimes it takes a bit of brightness or upper mid presence to give the bass region clarity in headphones, but the Nighthawk refuses to do this.

Nov 10, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #101 of 422
True, true...

That said it's just an introduction thread, and there are separate threads for nighthawk and Nightowl, aren't there? Would probably make it easier for people to find answers on either one of we kept discussions for each on their respective threads. Our maybe Nighthawk Carbon is significant enough to deserve its own dedicated thread. Just thinking out loud...

Sure, fair enough.

Nov 10, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #102 of 422
I would never describe them as muddy. But bass lines can be a tad blurred and indistinct. Sometimes it takes a bit of brightness or upper mid presence to give the bass region clarity in headphones, but the Nighthawk refuses to do this.

Interesting observation.

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #104 of 422

I disagree, I hear plenty of clarity in the Nighthawk bass, but as previously mentioned i think there *may* have been a stealth re-tuning.

I've owned 3 Nighthawks and I think the last 2 sounded better than my 1st pair. Can't prove it though.

It feels like there's more resolution now. The soundstage has always been great because it's semi-open.

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #105 of 422
I disagree, I hear plenty of clarity in the Nighthawk bass, but as previously mentioned i think there *may* have been a stealth re-tuning.

I've owned 3 Nighthawks and I think the last 2 sounded better than my 1st pair. Can't prove it though.

It feels like there's more resolution now. The soundstage has always been great because it's semi-open.

Or perhaps your tastes are evolving? If I'd heard Nighthawk a year or two ago, I'm honestly not sure I would enjoyed them as much as I do right now. For me, spending some time getting to know increasingly better audio gear has given me better perspective. My taste has changed quite a bit, and Nighthawks are at the top of my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back