Introducing LEAR's semi-hard shell material for CIEMs or Re-shells.
Jun 11, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #18 of 27
  I have been eyeballing the 4.2 as a custom option to my Ref1too.
This only makes me even more curious.

It probably says so on your website, but what is your current turnaround time on customs>?

It takes about 14 working days for normal reshell and 21~31workding days for the new custom in ear monitor.

Jun 21, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #19 of 27
What's the hardness of LEAR hard and semi-hard shell materials?
Hope the Shore Hardness Scale will help you find out the answer!

11430093_493529964137074_840969802684930558_n.jpg

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #21 of 27
Can you give a relative measure of the increased noise isolation in comparison to hard acrylic and / or regular silicon?

The conclusion of improved isolation against hard material is from the feedback of customers and which is due to the improved fitting and comfort for each of the single case.
It's hard to make a measurement to such a custom shape's product as they have no standard.
If talking about measurement or theory of the soundproofing materials of an earphone, silicone tips or foam tips should be better isolation than a hard acrylic made CIEM as well.
But of course it would also depends on the design and thickness of the related materials and the earphone itself.

Dec 13, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #22 of 27

@ lear-HK

Have you done any re-shelling of Westone UM Pro-50?
Any difference in sound signature after the re-shelling?
Considering this...
Also, what's the turnaround for HK local residents ?

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #23 of 27

@ lear-HK

Have you done any re-shelling of Westone UM Pro-50?
Any difference in sound signature after the re-shelling?
Considering this...
Also, what's the turnaround for HK local residents ?

Yes, I have done reshelling of the UM Pro-50. The difference in sound depends on the ears because the size and shape are different, which varies the sound being perceived after reshelling as well. It takes around 14 working days after the earphones and ear impression have been received.

Feb 24, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #26 of 27

I have a LCM-A1d with semi hard shell (my review is here http://www.head-fi.org/products/lear-lcm-a1d/reviews/14564). Subjectively, it feels very good in the ear is very comfortable and seals great. The seal is maintained when I move my jaws so there material moves along with canal geometry changes).

I believe its a great compromise between durability and comfort and would recommend to give it a try .  

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #27 of 27
I have a LCM-A1d with semi hard shell (my review is here http://www.head-fi.org/products/lear-lcm-a1d/reviews/14564). Subjectively, it feels very good in the ear is very comfortable and seals great. The seal is maintained when I move my jaws so there material moves along with canal geometry changes).

I believe its a great compromise between durability and comfort and would recommend to give it a try .  

Thanks for your help. I will choose the semi hard if I choose the Lear BD 4.2 as i wanted both silicone and dynamic drivers/hybrids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back