Introducing Denon's AH-C260 and AH-C560
Apr 20, 2010 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

kjk1281

1000+ Head-Fier
Denon recently announced two new canalphones: the AH-C260 and the AH-C560.

Firstly, the C260, which is set for Japanese release this June for around ¥3000, replaces the C252 as the company's entry-level offering. The C260 will come in three colors: white, black, and gold. The canalphones will come with four sizes of tips (XS, S, M, and L), a shirt clip, and cable winder.

25ow6z8.jpg

[size=xx-small]The Denon C260 in black[/size]

4rdi60.jpg
i6xll0.jpg

[size=xx-small]The C260 will also be available in gold and white.[/size]

w00swy.jpg

[size=xx-small]C260 Accessories[/size]

The C560, which will replace the C551, will come in either silver or black. It uses a "hybrid metal housing" made of both aluminum and plastic, which supposedly reduces the amount of unwanted reverberations. Denon's new mid-range offering will also include a case, shirt clip, and four sets of foams: three pairs of silicons and one pair of Comply foam tips. The C560s should be offered in Japan starting in May for an expected price of approximately ¥8000.

67s10j.jpg
10cj7g0.jpg

[size=xx-small]The C560 in black and silver[/size]

bindk6.jpg

[size=xx-small]Accessories include a hard case, shirt clip, and silicon and Comply tips[/size]

DENON - デノン - Premium Audio Brand [COMPANY/会社情報/ニュースリリース/ステレオヘッドホン/AH-C260]

DENON - デノン - Premium Audio Brand [COMPANY/会社情報/ニュースリリース/ステレオヘッドホン/AH-C560]

Jun 14, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #5 of 14
Good to see Denon stating to use L-plug for IEMs now.

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #6 of 14
just got the 560's today!
denon seems to have solved the harsh treble found on the 710
out of the box, bass is as strong if not stronger than 710
mids are somewhat the same
highs are better
woo!

Jun 23, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #7 of 14
Just picked up the 560s myself too!
  First impression is the treble is a bit harsh (don't know compared to the 710) mids are good and bass is a little light.

Build quality is nice although I prefer shorter cables (this one is 1.3m)

Jun 23, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
Just picked up the 560s myself too!
  First impression is the treble is a bit harsh (don't know compared to the 710) mids are good and bass is a little light.

Build quality is nice although I prefer shorter cables (this one is 1.3m)

bass light?
you must have the wrong tips
try using sony hybrids

Jan 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #9 of 14
The 560's are going fro £80-90 in the UK
Which is the same price as the 710's....which I bought less than 2 weeks ago.

How do they compare?

Spec wise: The 710's seem to have just that tiny bit of high end on them vs. the 560's.

Also do the mic controls work with anything else, apart form an ipod?
Ie. Will they work with an Android phone, like the SGS?

UPDATE:
Looks like they do work with some android phones - not all
More so, if they sound exactly the same as the 710's - why not just go for these instead, even if you don't use the mic, you may use the play/pause button, or next/previous...Something just doesn't seem right here. OR IS IT ONLY ME?

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #10 of 14
I have a pair of the 560's coming in hopefully this week but do not have the 710 to compare them to unfortunately. But I will be posting a full review of them since there is very little information about them. I am hoping they will be like mini D7000's with expectations balanced accordingly.

They are supposed to be the replacement for the 551 model though so they should in theory be less than the 710 but only a true A/B test would determine that unfortunately.

Jan 19, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #11 of 14

Oh really?
Thing is the spec of the 710's and the 560's are identical...
Check it up on he Denon website - just the freq range is 1 notch higher for the 710's.

Here are the specs for both:

[size=1em]
[tr] [td][size=8pt] Driver unit
[/td] [td][size=8pt]  
[/td] [td][size=8pt] 11.5 mm
[/size][/td] [/size][/tr] [/size]
[/size]  

[size=1em]
[size=8pt]  [/size][size=8pt] 110 dB/mW[/size]
[size=8pt]  [/size][size=8pt] 250 mW[/size]
[size=8pt]  [/size][size=8pt] 5 - 24.000 Hz - HERE The 710's have: 5 - 25.000 Hz[/size]
[tr] [td][size=8pt] Input impedance
[/td] [td][size=8pt]  
[/td] [td][size=8pt] 16 ohms [/size][/td] [/size][/tr] [td][size=8pt] Sensitivity
[/td] [/size] [td][size=8pt] Maximum input
[/td] [/size] [td][size=8pt] Playback frequencies
[/td] [/size] [/size]
[/size]  

Quote:
AI have a pair of the 560's coming in hopefully this week but do not have the 710 to compare them to unfortunately. But I will be posting a full review of them since there is very little information about them. I am hoping they will be like mini D7000's with expectations balanced accordingly. They are supposed to be the replacement for the 551 model though so they should in theory be less than the 710 but only a true A/B test would determine that unfortunately.

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #12 of 14
The problem with specs is they are like a book cover versus the story between the pages. I have had lots of different IEM's much like yourself and many have very similar specs but sound completely different. Having said that I do suspect these will have alot of sonic similarities as they will both have a Denon type sound (or at least I hope they do!) and since the 560R is a newer headphone is may actually be alot more like the 710 or potentially even better! But without having both headphones it's simply impossible to say. For my sake and my gamble on saving $50 (plus I want the mic and controls for the iPhone) I hope the 560R will fit my bill. BTW I believe we have both owned several of the same IEM's and while I will be basing some opinions from memory versus true A/B testing I hope like yourself I find these more enjoyable than some of the other gear I have had in the past or the present. I will be able to compare them to my SM3 and a pair of Radius DDM at the least, plus a pair of AT CKS70 (the 3 of the 4 IEM's I still have on hand) and for the sake of some other D7000 owners I'll compare them to my D7000.

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #13 of 14
oh! Cool man :)

Btw, are you from the UK?
I could let you demo the 710's if you want :p!

I'll live on the 751's for a while, whilst you compare.

EDIT:
I should have taken the hint that you are using $ lol
From canada - from you profile...:frowning2: Nvm!

Quote:
The problem with specs is they are like a book cover versus the story between the pages. I have had lots of different IEM's much like yourself and many have very similar specs but sound completely different. Having said that I do suspect these will have alot of sonic similarities as they will both have a Denon type sound (or at least I hope they do!) and since the 560R is a newer headphone is may actually be alot more like the 710 or potentially even better! But without having both headphones it's simply impossible to say. For my sake and my gamble on saving $50 (plus I want the mic and controls for the iPhone) I hope the 560R will fit my bill. BTW I believe we have both owned several of the same IEM's and while I will be basing some opinions from memory versus true A/B testing I hope like yourself I find these more enjoyable than some of the other gear I have had in the past or the present. I will be able to compare them to my SM3 and a pair of Radius DDM at the least, plus a pair of AT CKS70 (the 3 of the 4 IEM's I still have on hand) and for the sake of some other D7000 owners I'll compare them to my D7000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back