Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR!
Apr 5, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #181 of 193
The BTC-01 is working well with my ASG2.5.  Sound quality is excellent compared to other bluetooth receiver+amp devices I've tried like the Noble Audio BTS.  I don't listen to IEMs for more than 2-3 hours per session so the battery life is ok for me, but I will be interested in longer lasting future models.  The BTC prongs do "stretch" out the ASG sockets because it is a tight fight and when I go back to wired cable the fit is looser into the socket.   If I had expensive IEMs then I might be a little hesitant if my goal was to periodically switch between cabled and wireless setups.  The tight fit works if one is going to keep things solely wireless.  No chance of the BTC losing hold of the ASG2.5.  

A slightly shorter cable around the next would be preferred as well.  The BTC-01 is nearly 8 inches longer than my MEE Audio X7 which also has a longer batter life and slimmer receiver/amp, but that may be possible because it has less power. 

With the iPhone 6 Plus I haven't experience any breaks in connection or interference.  So far so good.   

For the price, the BTC-01 is tough to beat.  Looking forward to future developments for the BTC-01.  

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #182 of 193
  I recently tested Lear’s Bluetooth cable. Bluetooth devices are growing in popularity for their comfort and ease of use, specifically for sports like running etc. But most of all, Apple’s decision to remove the headphone jack has a steering effect, driving the rise of more Bluetooth applications. People that wish to continue to use their (c)iems with iphones are also forced to use Bluetooth wires. Westone also makes one, but it’s only offered as mmcx so Lear has an advantage here.

Lear’s Bluetooth cable is incredibly easy to use. You press one long button to connect, and can power it on or off with the same button – pretty much foolproof, even without reading instructions. I’ll have to admit the device is so small and lightweight, you don’t feel it while wearing it, and the connection has been stable so far to my phone.

A Bluetooth device has to have the amp, dac and battery all built in, so it’s almost hard to imagine that this tiny device is creating all the sound, especially if you’re used to using heavy daps as I am. Accordingly, there’s a tradeoff for power which is reflected in the sound. The stage becomes mildly laidback in comparison, as the midrange can lose some of its forwardness in favor for the treble – a common issue related to Bluetooth devices. Personally I don’t listen for extended periods and have a charger at work and home so the battery life is not an issue; for commuting or going to the gym it’s more than fine. 

Were you able to try the Westone one too?

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #184 of 193

The BTC prongs do "stretch" out the ASG sockets because it is a tight fight and when I go back to wired cable the fit is looser into the socket.   If I had expensive IEMs then I might be a little hesitant if my goal was to periodically switch between cabled and wireless setups.  

I've had this exact issue with my BTC. The 2 pin prongs are too thick and stretched out the ports in my IEMs. I'm using it in my cheaper pair of IEMs because I don't want to ruin the ports or switch cables/adapters down the line and have to worry about my IEMs falling off due to lack of tension. I really wish this weren't a problem because I'd love to use my higher end IEMs with them.

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #185 of 193
Hi Guys, have recently gotten NeObliviscaris's Lear BTC 01 in a trade. Look forward to posting my impressions of them.

Apr 9, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #186 of 193
The fit is definitely snug.  I am a casual IEM user so I'm ok if I have to use BTC-01 100% of the time with my older ASG2.5.  If I had more expensive IEMs then I would definitely pause.  Just a slight reduction in prong width would be perfect for my ASG2.5.  For other IEMs I don't know if it would be a negative for a thinner prong.  Some might be ok while others are not.  In a little while I'll re-attach my wired cable to see if the fit has become too loose.  

Quote:

I've had this exact issue with my BTC. The 2 pin prongs are too thick and stretched out the ports in my IEMs. I'm using it in my cheaper pair of IEMs because I don't want to ruin the ports or switch cables/adapters down the line and have to worry about my IEMs falling off due to lack of tension. I really wish this weren't a problem because I'd love to use my higher end IEMs with them.

May 15, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #187 of 193
Lear BTC-01 warning.

Guys, recently got the Lear BTC-01. Pictured what has happened after a few weeks of normal use. No strain applied...this just happened. I'm not sure if this is just a bad unit, but the build quality looks questionable.

Luckily it looks like the pins suck in there can be removed...otherwise my rather pricey CIEM would have been ruined by LEAR.

Edit. Spoke too soon about the damage. Looks like there is a crack in my CIEM now due to the strain the LEAR BTC-01 has put on the CIEM :frowning2:

You can actually see it in the photo on the bottom right of the pins.

yYZDKT4.jpg

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #189 of 193
Lear BTC-01 warning.

Guys, recently got the Lear BTC-01. Pictured what has happened after a few weeks of normal use. No strain applied...this just happened. I'm not sure if this is just a bad unit, but the build quality looks questionable.

Luckily it looks like the pins suck in there can be removed...otherwise my rather pricey CIEM would have been ruined by LEAR.

Edit. Spoke too soon about the damage. Looks like there is a crack in my CIEM now due to the strain the LEAR BTC-01 has put on the CIEM :frowning2:

You can actually see it in the photo on the bottom right of the pins.

yYZDKT4.jpg

We are really sorry to know that you have problem with the BTC-01.
Please kindly email your order number to info@lear-audio.hk.

We will help to follow up your case ASAP.

Thanks for your cooperation and valued comments!

May 15, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #190 of 193
We are really sorry to know that you have problem with the BTC-01.
Please kindly email your order number to info@lear-audio.hk.

We will help to follow up your case ASAP.

Thanks for your cooperation and valued comments!
Hey, I got this from another head-fi member who bought from you, but after my experience with the Lear BTC-01 damaging my CIEM, I don't want a replacement or another Lear product.

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #192 of 193
It seems like the plastic on these things will not stand up to much heat. I wore mine to the beach for a few hours and the plastic has partially melted and pieces are falling off.

May 12, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #193 of 193
It shouldn't be a problem with any of the two pin connections. Proprietary ones that probably won't work:
-CKS1100
-AD01/M6Pro
-FLC8s

There's a rumor going around that the TF10 connector will work in the FLC8s, but I can tell you from firsthand experience that the connector is NOT the same, and the TF10 connector will stretch out the ports on the FLC.
name, if you're careful enough, you can take a fine needle to unstretch the socket, or just use a filing tool to bring the diameter down to 74mm.. i used a filer thats on a nailcutter and worked like a charm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back