Intro: Diyer in home audio. Heaphone newbie
Sep 30, 2012 at 9:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

doors666

New Head-Fier
I am from india and mainly into home audio and diy. Just getting started with headphones. Hope to learn and contribute here in the long run. Music tastes include classic rock, blues, jazz, western classical, indian classical.

Headphone Gear:
So far I have the koss porta pro headphones. My O2 amp is getting built. I already have a home brew cmoy using the ne5532 opamp. For sources, I have the ODAC, essence st, m-audio revolution 7.1 and a marantz cd6000ose. I guess my most pressing need is good headphones:).

Home audio gear:
Just finished building the ER18MTM speakers, these will replace my B&W 602s2 based setup. I also have the continuums, overnight sensations and an alpair 7 based speakers. For amps, i use topping tp20 and yamaha rxv663 for now, myref rev c and class d 150wpc amp are the planned. Subbu dac is also planned. I also have a couple of home made subs based on css sdx15 and tb1363sb drivers.

I know some of the peoiple here from hifivision forums, been there for some 4-5 years. I am also on diyaudio, partsexpress, audiokarma, audioholics forums under the same name.

My near term goals are to get some good ortho headphones and maybe some good vintage phones. Been reading up a lot on the forums for that. the wiki and ortho threads are a great help. The classifieds are also helpful, but the 2 PM per day is stopping me big time. Anyone knows when that will be lifted, couldnt find any info on that. Hopefully some of the members who know me from other forums can vouch for me, atleast that they havent heard negative things about me:).

Would also like to see what can be done to mod the porta pros, just as an experiment so that even if I screw things up, i wont hurt my pocket that much. Better midrange will be definitely good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back