Intresting DAP/Camera..
May 3, 2006 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kasp3r

500+ Head-Fier
http://www.datavis.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...1649&site=PRGB

Its a Olympus m:robe 500i 20GB mp3 player

And its going for around 200 bucks. Which for 20 gigs is kinda cool. I dont know if people would like this or not but I posted it because well 20gb DAP isnt bad. But the camera cant zoom, or have flash, and I think you have to use Olympus Software. I havent done much research on it but people who might want more then just a DAP here is one
biggrin.gif

May 4, 2006 at 10:57 AM Post #2 of 6
i heard they're really bad. they freeze a lot and their screen lags

May 4, 2006 at 2:32 PM Post #3 of 6
yeah I read reviews on them, they arent great :/

May 4, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #4 of 6
AVOID. I was interested in them as well. I got to see it for the first time in Kobe and was quite disappointed in a matter of seconds. The OS has some serious lag whatever you do. And sometimes it even chooses to ignore you. The camera is crappy at best and overall it just didn't seem like a refined product.

I suggest you go for Sony HD5 which go for less than $200 these days. I saw one at a Sony store in Osaka and New York and it looked great both times I saw them. It has a reputation for sound quality too. Sony rushed to bring out a new MP3 based on the HD5 so there are alot of unused HD5s out there.

May 4, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #5 of 6
thanks for the suggestions, but I am in the process of buying a X5L

May 7, 2006 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 6
I just picked an m:robe M500i up for $75 on ebay. Granted, it's used and missing the remote, but c'mon... $75 FOR 20G!!

Now I'm admittedly pretty much just an average joe audio schmuck, but I'm very very pleased with the SQ. Drives a pair of ES7s just fine. I'd say it's a better source than straight out of an Audigy2. No hiss, no pops, flexible EQ.

Yes, OS response is a little sluggish and the camera is useless except maybe for finding keyholes in the dark. But hell, I just set the playlist and go. Sounds great!

Will provide more info re: battery life, cradle etc later if anyone shows an interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back