Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
Jun 19, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #16 of 1,037
Jun 19, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #17 of 1,037
Has anyone compared the Intime Sora to the Magaosi K3 Pro or the new K3 HD?

Thanks
They can compete against the PRO's, but I personally think the PRO's still edges them out in overall satisfaction in details alone, while resolution on both are on par. With the HD's, the bass is tighter and extention is better.

Hope this helps. :ksc75smile:

-Clear

Jul 3, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #18 of 1,037
Here is a break down on my thoughts on the Intime Sora....Very good resolution! Infact, it can really compete with many pricier IEM's, but it does have some manufacturing flaws....whether if you may see it as that, or not.

There is a play where the ear tips insorts onto the nozzles. The nozzle seems to be too long for almost any ear tips to stop from sliding. Every ear tip(s) I tried seems to slide back and forth changing the sound signature to a more dull and mid-range focused signature, which is okay? But, definitely only favoring the male vocals more than the females. So, I did a simple, but successful mod that just about anyone can do to get the best out of the Sora's resolution and sound.
TB2jP1zhstnpuFjSZFvXXbcTpXa_!!12814946.jpg
TB2BDubghdkpuFjy0FbXXaNnpXa_!!12814946.jpg

I've decided to add a spacer to stop the ear tips from sliding back and forth and get the best sound possible, so that both males and females could sound their best.
IMG_20170620_090953.jpg

Then, I decided to switch the tips to "AUVIO black/sky blue silicone tips", since the original tips still had some play to it (sliding back and forth) and was not convincing to use. https://www.amazon.com/AUVIO-Large-Silicon-Tips/dp/B00MY9T7AO
IMG_20170620_090835.jpg

....and even though the AUVIO silicone tips are sold as large size, they are infact really "medium".
IMG_20170620_091430.jpg

....but, oh? Just to mention, these are the heaviest IEM's I've ever wore in my ears, by far! which, may be a CON -for its weight, or a PRO -for their 100% metal quality.
IMG_20170620_090719.jpg

So, there you go! ...they might not be number one, or a giant killer, but they sure can hold their own with some much more pricier heavy weights!

-Clear

Attachments

• IMG_20170620_212227_1_1497965036255.jpg
    IMG_20170620_212227_1_1497965036255.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #21 of 1,037
I bought the Intime Sora Midnight in Japan this year. It seemed like a fun W-shaped IEM to me.
I found that on my example, it is hard to get a proper fit. Many times I find that after forming a seal no sound can be heard (possibly driver flex).
I am now using a triple flange tip with a fairly wide bore. This kind of reduces the aggressive nature of the treble.
Subbass really rumbles with these. Mids have good clarity but do have some grain. Lower mids are slightly recessed. Treble is well-extended but has a certain "hot" quality to it. The timbre can sometimes not sound quite right (possibly even a resonance).
Overall I quite like these. They're a fun listen with decent vocals.

Compared to the Tenore, I'd say these sound brighter, a bit leaner and overall more V-shaped. The Tenore is smoother and has a slightly wider stage. The Sora has more impactful bass and a more spacious sound.

My measurements:

Stock tips:
IntimeSoraAlt.png
Triple flange:
IntimeSora.png
Carbo Tenore:
CarboTenore.png
(ignore the artifacts around 100hz and 500hz)

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #23 of 1,037
Stumbled upon this thread while searching for Japan exclusive iems since a friend was visiting there and asked to pick up a pair of these.

IMG_20180312_065416-01.jpeg

These sound fantastic and I believe it can truely hang with the big boys. So good that since receiving them I reach for these instead of my daily drivers, Andromeda or Sony xba-n3. To me it sounds like a brighter Andromeda with a smaller, more intimate sounds stage. What I like about the Sora is that it has that same "airiness" quality of the Andromeda but has a dynamic driver to handle the low end of the spectrum. I have yet to hear a ba driven iem that produces the kind of bass extensions that dynamic drivers do. Now I'm curious about Intime's other 2 higher end models, the "Go" and "Kira".

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #24 of 1,037
Stumbled upon this thread while searching for Japan exclusive iems since a friend was visiting there and asked to pick up a pair of these.

These sound fantastic and I believe it can truely hang with the big boys. So good that since receiving them I reach for these instead of my daily drivers, Andromeda or Sony xba-n3. To me it sounds like a brighter Andromeda with a smaller, more intimate sounds stage. What I like about the Sora is that it has that same "airiness" quality of the Andromeda but has a dynamic driver to handle the low end of the spectrum. I have yet to hear a ba driven iem that produces the kind of bass extensions that dynamic drivers do. Now I'm curious about Intime's other 2 higher end models, the "Go" and "Kira".
How would you compare the three Intime IEMs in your profile?

I just returned from Tokyo two days ago where I picked up the Sora and the Go. I've been listening with the Sora the last two days, so I don't know what to really say about the Go yet The Sora is a lot of fun though.

I'll comment some more tomorrow. Its late here now.

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #27 of 1,037
Still nowhere to buy SORA in US but I've seen these other piezoelectric IEMs on Aliexpress, any experience with them?

https://artiste.en.alibaba.com/prod...rphones_With_13mm_Dynamic_Ceramic_Driver.html

Piezo drivers are fairly cheap to produce but notoriously difficult to control and be tuned. See the failure of RHA CL1.

When done right piezo drivers can produce the best highs of all driver types while not costing you a fortune. The electronic properties and requirements seems to be fairly different from DD and BA drivers so a good hybrid built with a piezo tweeter is all the more impressive. The Japanese are doing great with piezos lately, with all the intime offerings very impressive (I have SORA antique and Kira) and the hybrid HYLA CE-5 a TOTL contender.

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #28 of 1,037
@Rayzilla, impressive lineup you got there. would be very interesting to hear your thoughts on the Sora. TIA.
Sure thing dogears, but just don't expect a review of the quality that many do here but I'll try to describe what I hear as best as possible. Keep in mind that my taste are not typical of those on here that try to achieve that last 10%. As an example, I like listening to stuff like this: http://www.global-sets.com/diplo-give-go-mixtape-16-feb-2018/

At this moment, I am listening to the Sora through the Hugo (v1) to MacBook Air to the link I mentioned above. To me, the Hugo has given the Sora a lot of body and a little bit of warmth. The highs are not as prevalent and in your face as much as I was hearing earlier without any amping. This will be a good thing for many but since the Sora is marketed for it's ultra clear highs, which is definitely is capable of, it loses some of that. So in that sense, if you get the Sora and find that the highs are a little too much for you, it can easily be addressed by pairing with something like the original Hugo, which can be had on the cheap now that the H2 is out. This makes it listenable for a long period.

I am using the original silicone buds that come with them. It comes with three sizes. I tried the small ones but they were far too small and did not stay firm in my ear very well. I've got the mediums on now and I should try the large just to see what the difference in sound would be like. More to come after I get some work done.

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #29 of 1,037

I forgot to ask if you had the connector changed on your pair. Was it to change to 2.5mm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back