Internships and Co-op's
Mar 3, 2005 at 12:03 AM Post #16 of 18
As others have said, its very difficult to get an internship after just your first year. I recommend working for a professor on campus. See if you can into a research group doing something, anything, like web page design or clerical work. If you're lucky you'll get a research assistant position which can really help you later on. I started working for a professor after my first year of undergrad, which lasted 2 years, and helped me tremendously later in getting an internship and my current job.

Mar 3, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #17 of 18
Well it varies from field to field, but I managed to get an internship around 1-2 weeks before it started once so keep your chin up.

Mar 3, 2005 at 2:24 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I started Co-ops in 2nd year.

Started co-oping this semester (after three academic semesters).

CMPE here and the opportunites were great. I would definitely recommend it if you aren't in a hurry to graduate. The money is good and not doing school work is a welcome change
orphsmile.gif
Traditionally your school is going to have to have a co-op relationship with the company you want to work for, but it is possible to have the company join the program (not sure how hard this is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back