Internet Domain Name advice
Dec 21, 2004 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

guzzler

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a reasonably cheap web hosting that would offer me the following:
  1. Email forwarding and/or POP3 mailbox
  2. Around 20-50MB of webspace
  3. FTP access
  4. Bandwidth of around 25MB per month
  5. Registration of the domain www.awjlogan.net
Thanks, I don't really have much experience in this field, any advice most appreciated.

Specifically, I would like to host my CV and other details, a section for the PCBs I offer, or am going to offer whenever I get round to it, and a PayPal shop for the PCBs. I'd be like to be able to access the FTP from any domain. I don't need any fancy management options and I'll code all the HTML myself.

edit: Very important; NO ADVERTS PLEASE
smily_headphones1.gif

regards, and happy christmas

g

Dec 22, 2004 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 3
Check out Web Hosting Talk for lots of hosting info.

I signed up at Addaction a while back. Service has been great, but it is a little bit expensive compared to what you can get.

I would watch out for registering your domain with a lot of the cheap hosts. Apparently some of them own your domain if you register with them.

Dec 22, 2004 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 3
Use 1&1. I pay $6.99 for Microsoft hosting, and Linux hosting is only $4.99 a month. If you get your own damain name, like I did, it's free if you sign-up for a package of 6-months. I think their site is www.1and1.com if you want more info.

I have nothing to do with this site, other than I pay to use it myself and have been quite happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back