Internal soundcard coaxial out vs. motherboad coaxial out
Nov 29, 2011 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Cya|\|

500+ Head-Fier
I can hear some background noise with my motherboard coaxial out. Then I tried connecting my dac to my internal soundcard coaxial out (the auzen x-fi prelude). The background noise was gone, and I believe the sound quality was also much better. I cannot use the auzen though, as it is half broken, and sometimes it doesn't work. furthermore, it seems the auzen cannot output at 48hz via coaxial, and that's the maximum frequency supported by my audio-gd nfb-10SE with setting at "9".
So I would like to buy a new internal sound card. Which one do you suggest me, that can surely output at 48khz, that is cheap, but has a high sound quality? I repeat, I only care for the coaxial output.
Do you also guys hear a difference between the motherboard coaxial output and internal soundcards?

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 4
If you are hearing noise, check to make sure everything is muted in the recording mixer, such as the Mic and line inputs.  If these are enabled with nothing connected you can get noise or hiss.
If price is a concern, check out the Lower end Xonars, or look in the buy and sell forums for older soundcards that have optical outputs.

Also, what about a USB to S/Pdif converter?
You can get those for about $25 in some places and you give you USB to coaxial output.

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
If you are hearing noise, check to make sure everything is muted in the recording mixer, such as the Mic and line inputs.  If these are enabled with nothing connected you can get noise or hiss.
If price is a concern, check out the Lower end Xonars, or look in the buy and sell forums for older soundcards that have optical outputs.

Also, what about a USB to S/Pdif converter?
You can get those for about $25 in some places and you give you USB to coaxial output.

Do you think a usb to spdif adapter will sound better than the motherboard native coaxial out?
Probably the audio gd converter can, but it's quite expensive, and I wouldn't like to use another power slot. So, what about these 25$ you talk about? How do they sound?

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Do you think a usb to spdif adapter will sound better than the motherboard native coaxial out?
Probably the audio gd converter can, but it's quite expensive, and I wouldn't like to use another power slot. So, what about these 25$ you talk about? How do they sound?

They will probably sound identical at this price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back