Intermediary courier service
Oct 29, 2019 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hifinoob005

100+ Head-Fier
How would one go about delivering a product to an area that Amazon/other merchant does not deliver to?
Is it possible to contact a courier service and ask them to pick it up from Amazon/other? With the merchants prior permission.

Or can the Amazon/other deliver it to a courier's warehouse and they would ship it over?
What kind of services exist?

Oct 29, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #2 of 6
If coming direct from the merchant, does not the merchant have relationships with credible shippers already? If not, that would make me question the validity of that merchant. Anybody in business ships.

As for a courier other than amazon's picking up a package at amazon for later delivery, I have never heard of that. I would not think that would fit with amazon's ruthlessly efficient business model, but I am by no means an expert on this. Just a guy that has used amazon a whole lot.

Oct 29, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #3 of 6
If coming direct from the merchant, does not the merchant have relationships with credible shippers already? If not, that would make me question the validity of that merchant. Anybody in business ships.

As for a courier other than amazon's picking up a package at amazon for later delivery, I have never heard of that. I would not think that would fit with amazon's ruthlessly efficient business model, but I am by no means an expert on this. Just a guy that has used amazon a whole lot.

This is the product:
https://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens-Designer-135-inch-ZRM-135H-CINEGREY/dp/B00MJGHJRK

It's a US company, don't ship to the EU.

Oct 29, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #4 of 6
Right. Well, it looks like you might want to look at elite's European site. www.elitescreens.eu. I think I see your item there. If not, it's something very similar in the Cinegrey line. Looks like it is more expensive than from US amazon, but you would have to pay for basically custom shipping from amazon (if you could even do that), so, in the end, price may not be that different after all.

Oct 30, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #5 of 6
Right. Well, it looks like you might want to look at elite's European site. www.elitescreens.eu. I think I see your item there. If not, it's something very similar in the Cinegrey line. Looks like it is more expensive than from US amazon, but you would have to pay for basically custom shipping from amazon (if you could even do that), so, in the end, price may not be that different after all.

The EU store does not sell the type of fabric I'm interested in. Spoke to them a while ago and noting has changed.

But sorry, I see that Amazon/Elite does now send this product to the EU, this was not the case.

This was more a general question, of how to get an item from one point to another if the merchant does not deliver to that country.

Dec 14, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #6 of 6
Trying to order this item to a EU country:
https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/accessories/beoplay-h7-cushions

Not on the list of countries:
Bang & Olufsen offers free shipping on all online orders via UPS ground. We currently ship to the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.

Can UPS be used as a package forwarding service, or some other service?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back